Friday, 11 March 2016

That Fleeting Moment..


That fleeting moment..
When the house is quiet, the tea is still hot, the dining table is tidy and the whole world seems still. 
It's that fleeting moment that my soul craves.  
Each day I try to carve out a fleeting moment like this one. Often the table isn't tidy, the dishes aren't always done, sometimes the dog barks or nap time ends early, but everyday I make that time a priority.  

In that fleeting moment I come back to my breath. I remind myself to do everything at a more gentle pace.  Some days I write or read, some days I make, some days I stare at the map and plan adventures to the Kimberleys. Most days I do yoga, even if it's just for fifteen minutes.  And lately, I've even been having a little dance party by myself in the kitchen.  Never underestimate what a good wild dance to an amazing song can do for you. Most days I also wander the garden with bare feet, grounding myself, watering, weeding and finding nice things to add to dinner. It might only be an hour, but it's an hour that's all mine. 

And it's that fleeting moment is what allows me to be a better person.  It makes the washing pile feel less daunting, the tantrums less dramatic and the days more fulfilling. Life is so much more beautiful and peaceful when you embrace and nurture that precious time and nourish yourself in that fleeting moment. 

Much Love & Light 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post. You have managed to put what I cherish the most in my days into words. Thank you Sophie. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the reminder to grab those precious moments with both hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x