Monday, 4 January 2016

Twenty Goals - 2016

'Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day in the year' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

As the first week of 2016 unfurls, I'm so excited looking to this the possibilities of this beautiful year ahead. This will be the fifth year I've created a list of goals and as I look back over the years, I feel so blessed to be able to see how I've been able to develop and grow a little more with every list.  What started as a fun way to make some goals, has now become an important aspect of regaining freedom from consumerism, better understanding myself, my environmental impact and ultimately living a more humbling, conscious life. 

1. Live from the heart
2. Plant a natural dye garden
3. Create a zero waste kitchen
4. Take a farm stay holiday
5. Publish some of my words
6. Exhibit some artwork
7. Learn more about herbalism
8. Consume less, create more
9. Connect with the stars & seasons
10. Learn more about permaculture, biodynamics and lunar planting
11. Work in our family gypsy wagon
12. Create an online portfolio
13. Grow flowers for Spring
14. No longer colour my hair
15. Practice yoga, meditation and walk daily
16. Only buy the essentials
17. Make, trade & share
18. Practice gratitude daily
19. Walk in nature often
20. Live simply and consciously every day

I can't wait to begin these goals. This year more than ever I feel like they are so important to helping towards our families future hope and dreams.  I'll be sharing more about a few of these goals throughout the year on the blog and Instagram too.

Have you created goals this year? I'd love to hear about them.  Leave a link in the comments if you've written about them so I can pop by and check them out. 

Much Love & Light
xxx

16 comments:

  1. Can I write down your list for inspiration? Love it, Sophie! I don't have conditions right now for some of these goals you listed but I'm currently in the process of doing these: 3.8.9.15.16.17.18.19.20.

    Haven't finished my 2016 goals yet, for some reason not so easy this year.
    Happy New Year!!


    ~*SHANTI FREE BIRD*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Marta, of course you can! I hope it can inspire you throughout the year. Much Love xx

      Delete
  2. I recently read 'Down to Earth' by Rhonda Hetzel and she has inspired me so much to live more mindfully and consciously within the home. A lot of our goals overlap - I'm also growing a natural dye garden on my balcony. I also want to start a herbal tea garden. :) Hope you and yours have a great year. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Josie, I first read 'Down to Earth' back in 2013 on my babymoon and it totally changed my life. I refer to it almost every week and can't thank Rhonda enough for her words of wisdom. Her washing detergent alone has saved me hundreds of dollars. Can't wait to see how your dye garden goes. I'm so excited about it too.
      Much love x

      Delete
  3. A lovely list of goals Sophie. I especially like the one of creating a natural dyeing garden. I hope it all goes well for you. xo

    My goals are here:

    http://juliemaloney.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/my-goals-for-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your list Julie! So many wonderful things on it and it feels like you are truly connecting to what you love.
      Much Love xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sophie, I've been following your blog for a while now and this is my first post. You've inspired me to start a journal, its a rainy afternoon here and I actually did it! complete with goals for 2016, some my own and some borrowed from you, hope you don't mind. Anyway thanks, without your journal notes I don't think I would have known how to start and you are right, the words just flowed (after a cup of tea of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know Nicola, you've made my week and inspired me to write about journaling even more. This fills my heart to know what my words have been useful to you.
      Much love xx

      Delete
  5. I really like your goals, especially the one about consuming less and creating more! I have written some of mine here: https://storiesofobjects.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/2016-goals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anca, thanks so much for sharing your goals, they are so wonderful! I want to learn more too and stop worrying so much. Certainly great things to work on.
      Much love x

      Delete
  6. Your list of goals is perfection - a lot of these I can relate to.

    http://jesandbleu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Jess! I think it might be my favourite of all my lists. x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful intentions for the year. I love that not dying your hair is one. I no longer streak my hair blonde. Took a while to get used to and I sometimes crave a change but it is rather fun to be your natural hue...and save the money too.
    I love how you say that you find freedom from stepping away from consumerism. Have you every read the book 'Affluenza'? It is rather eye opening in regards our addictions to new things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your intentions! I also think your capture the intention of goals like these in such a good way, helping towards your family's future hopes and dreams, as you put it. It makes all the difference, doesn't it?
    My list is here:
    http://www.scandinavianslow.com/2016/01/how-we-choose-to-live-more-slow-in-2016.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x