Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Everyday Magic..





My stash of leaves, bark and branches collected on our afternoon walks waiting for the dye pot. 
By the door, his and hers summer hats, handmade, well worn and loved. 
Little projects to decorate home, to keep my busy hands happy. 
Sunday's painting drying in the veggie patch, ready to become wrapping paper.
Beautiful pumpkins getting a little bigger each day.
Colours of the outback.  Eucalyptus dyed wool drying on the wheelbarrow. 
Enchanting summer sunsets, full of inspiring textures and hues.

~~~

When I began slow my life down and decided to free myself from conforming to the 'standard' expectations of society, something magical happened... I began to truly connect with the magic of the everyday. By making conscious choices to avoid main stream media, shopping centres, the 'buy and consume' mentality and instead spending time in connecting with Mother Earth and turning inward through journaling, meditation and yoga rather than looking elsewhere for fufillment and happiness, a whole new aspect of life began to unravel itself.  It was there all along, I has just made myself too 'busy' to notice. 

It's taken three and a half years to get to this point and there is no turning back.  The more vegetables I grow, the more sunsets I meditate under, the more ways I find to tready lightly and more in tune with the planet, my passion is fueled to dig deeper, learn, share and connect more, so that we can all revel in the real magic of the everyday. 

Much Love & Light
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Sophie. I am so grateful for the internet to connect with like minded souls like yours. There is a young lady here who is experimenting with natural dyeing mainly on silk. She told me that she uses something rusty in her dye pot instead of alum. eg. a rusty horse shoe, nail etc. Have you tried this? I'll tag you on her Instagram page. Sending so much love and light right back to you on your beautiful journey. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. So sweet of you! I love the idea of using rust. I've been fascinated everytime I've used metal bulldog clips in my dye bath, it's kind of magical. Think I might have to search the shed for a few more treasures. Hope you having a beautiful start to the week. x

      Delete
  2. just lovely - and wonderful words x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images and words and it's so lovely that you are in such a happy place with your life and nature. Loving your natural yarn dying...that looks pretty cool. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely Kathy! Hope you're having a wonderful start to the week x

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x