Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Slow Living - Making & Marvelling..


As the days get longer and the sun shines down upon our home, I'm constantly filled with gratitude that I'm able to spend these days of my life, making, creating, playing and marvelling at our corner of the world with my little family. And while not every moment in our nest is beautiful and perfect, they are times of learning, understanding and nurturing and loving, and they are so very precious. Here's a little of how we've been spending our days. 

Over the past few months I've been working on a little collection of sacred treasures baskets for Wilde Asher.  They are eco-friendly, made from hemp thread and paper twine and created especially to hold crystals, precious jewellery and sacred treasures.  If one calls to your soul you can find them over here, with more being added over the next few weeks. 

Whenever we can, we find ourselves outside, often wandering around the neighbourhood or by the river enjoying all the beauty of the season.  I marvel at Tali's love of nature, her growing understanding of animals and plants and her treasure collecting nature.  

And we return home with pockets filled with fallen leaves and gumnuts, the occasional feather, stone, twig or pinecone.  This little pile will become part of our handmade Christmas decorations. 

I'm excitedly embracing another handmade, upcycled and ethical Christmas this year and slowly working on some handstitched decorations created from pieces of silk I've been naturally dyeing with leaves and berries collected on our walks, herbs from the garden and kitchen scraps.   

 Over Spring I've been making space around our nest, slowly letting go of things that no longer serve us, allowing the shelves and little nooks some breathing space and making room for possibilties. A few special things still decorate the mantelpiece, collected bottles, feathers and a beautiful map of our favourite place, Byron Bay. There's something so magical about the area, we say that every time we visit, it really does feel like home. We are already planning another visit, perhaps a farm stay next time.  If you know anyone with a farm in the Northern Rivers that might like some hard working helpers, let us know. 

How have your been spending your precious days?
Much Love & Light 
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gentle colour and words in this post Sophie! I adore your little baskets...how lucky am I to have one of my own? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the baskets...in fact there are so many things you have made that I just adore! If you get a chance to respond I have a question - how do you get the time to create? I have a two year old and feel like I just run from the time I get up untill UFO to bed! Trying to make space for art but am struggling and a bit frustrated. Any advice welcome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bowls and the silk decorations look really interesting - hope you can share a photo once you have them installed. Have you tried looking at the Woofers website for Byron area? http://www.wwoof.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gentleness in your dye colours. Nature certainly gifts plentifully, all around us. Inner beauty evident in your collecting and makings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sophie, I am so delighted to have stumbled upon your blog and I have no idea which portal has brought me here, but here I am! I've also just been lusting over the goodies you, your mum and your sister have in your shop... and couldn't resist but make a few purchases :-) Do you guys supply some pieces to a shop called Surf Meets Southwest in Noosaville? I was up there a few months back and purchased the most amazing Lemurian Quartz necklace with silver feathers on the crystal pendant from that shop. It's a gorgeous shop and my necklace carries the same integrity as your pieces. I never take it off and wear it as my talisman. I'm looking forward to sharing in your journey. Wishing you the most fantastic day. Warmly, Xan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x