Friday, 16 October 2015

Our Byron Adventures..

Byron Bay holds a very special part of us within it's incredible ocean shores and village streets.  Over thirty years of memories, special days, celebrations and anniversaries have been spent wandering the beaches, watching passers by, drinking in all the delicousness of this unique part of the world.  So when my sister decided to get married at The Secret Garden (once owned by one of my favourite artists, David Bromley), I couldn't pack our bags fast enough. 

 Words and images really can't quite put The Secret Garden into perspective.. It's one of those incredible, visceral and enchanting worlds of it's own that truly needs to be experienced body and soul. From the old air stream and bus, to the incredible art works, many of Bromley's painted directly on walls and mirrors, outdoor baths, rambling walkways and hidden nooks around every corner, The Secret Garden really is all kinds of magical. 

I had the great  privilege to not only be the maid of honour for Phoebe and Jared's wedding day, but also the stylist for the event.  Of course the beautiful venue already spoke for itself, so with a few bohemian flourishes from The Wedding Shed and our personal collections, some fun DIYs (including a simple macrame arbour) and bunches gorgeous flowers & foliage, we added a personal touch to the day.   


 And when all the celebrations were done & dusted and the last champagne poured.. We headed straight to the beach.  Oh how Tallow just adored every moment on her namesake beach.  It was so beautiful to watch her play in the water, search for shells and kick up the sand.  Tallow Beach is a place like no other.  

I must say, I think I left a little piece of my heart in Byron this time.  So many memories made, beautiful, precious times that I am forever grateful for.  We're already planning our next getaway.  I'm thinking of a farm stay next time.  If you know any in the Northern Rivers area, I'd love to hear about them.

Much Love & Light
xxx

PS.  I can't wait to some of the professional wedding photos with you soon.  The day was captured by the gorgeous Meg Kelly and I'm bursting with excitement see all the day's special moments.

3 comments:

  1. Love Byron! It looks like you had a wonderful time Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely heartfelt wedding and location. The macrame arbour turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much goodness Sophie...just gorgeous. I particularly love your outfits, hair and hair flowers x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x