Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Taking Stock - SEPTEMBER..



Making : Clay name tags and a macrame arbour hanging for my sister's wedding.  I can't believe it's next weekend. 
Cooking : Birthday cakes! So many of the people I love most are born in September, I feel like I've become a birthday cake making machine. 
Drinking : An extra lovely coffee at Fine and Sunny today.  I don't drink coffee very often and it's usually when I'm styling and playing with pretty things, so it's always a treat. 
Reading:  Peppermint Magazine, the gorgeous Slow Living issue and Michelle's wonderful book for  Tallow's birthday cake recipe. 
Wanting: More hours in the day.  Thank goodness day light savings isn't far a way.
Looking: Forward to seeing my family next week!
Playing: In the mud.. Everyday.  I had forgotten how much fun it was to make mud pies. 
Deciding: What to pack for our whirlwind trip Byron Bay.  
Wishing: I could have a whole day to just make stuff. The creative energy the full moon brought with it this week has been intense. 
Enjoying: Spring sunshine, afternoon wanders, gathering flowers and leaves for new natural dyeing experminents. 
Liking: The thought of a whole day at the beach.
Wondering: How my dining table ended up looking like the aftermath of a craft workshop, (otherwise known as a craftermath). 
Loving: That we just taken the first step into an exciting new venture.  There's a new trailer parked in our garage, just waiting to be transformed. More details coming soon. 
Pondering: Creating an online portfolio.  I'd love to have everything in the one space. 
Buying: The sweetest simple little gold flower girl shoes for Tallow.  
Watching: This beautiful film of India Flint.  Such an inspiration.  
Hoping: To get some jazzy chickens soon.  I'd love some tips on vareties that work well with little onses. 
Marvelling: At how quickly the year has flown by!
Needing: A spring clean of my kitchen cupboards and some sturdier toddler proofing on the doors. 
Smelling: Beautiful orange blossom in the garden. 
Wearing: My new favourite Little Tienda summer dress.  
Noticing: Every leaf and flower I wander past and wondering if it would make a lovely coloured dye. 
Thinking: About love, weddings, family and the precious moments of everyday life. 
Admiring: The moon this week.  It's been truly amazing. 
Sorting: My newly curated, minimalist, conscious wardrobe. It's been three years in the making and I've got it down to under 50 items, that are ethically made, pre-loved and handmade. It's making me very happy indeed.
Getting: Ideas for summer. I think a little family road trip might be in order. 
Bookmarking: So many wonderful concious living articles.  A big love list coming soon!
Opening: The cutest little package from Opposite of Far, a little owl mask and wings for Tallow's Dancey Pants Disco doll, Daisy.
Giggling: At Miss Tallow, making friends at the shops with a little girl and then asking her to dance. Too cute!
Feeling: Giddy with excitement to be the maid of honour for my sister.  I also get to style her big day with the help of the lovely people at The Wedding Shed and I just can't wait!
Wishing: For beautiful weather over the next few weeks!
Helping: With some exciting projects for beautiful people.  
Hearing: Stevie Nicks.. She's so fun to wash up to. Dance party in the kitchen!

Much Love & Light
xxx

PS. Thanks to the lovely Pip for the fabulous Taking Stock list.

9 comments:

  1. The birthday cake you made for Tallow is just gorgeous! As always your list of doings is inspirational: I must do more this holidays than clearing out old teaching papers (I'm such a hoarder). Hope your sister's wedding is wonderful: I'll be looking out for some wedding photos here. Have a great October! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is gorgeous. I've just realised someone else has said just that! You have inspired me to use flowers and mint leaves. Wow Tallow is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list Sophie...so much fun! I cannot wait to see some snippets from your family wedding, how exciting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cake with all those berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a splendid cake! Your beautiful girl has grown so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many and beautiful September blessings! Uplifting and inspiring, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re chicken breeds that are good with little ones - mty fav is Pekin. They are quiet and gentle and easy to catch. Plus are relatively good layers. We've had silkies as well - but they aren't the smartest birds - so can be a hassle to look after. Can't wait to hear more about the trailer project. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re chicken breeds that are good with little ones - mty fav is Pekin. They are quiet and gentle and easy to catch. Plus are relatively good layers. We've had silkies as well - but they aren't the smartest birds - so can be a hassle to look after. Can't wait to hear more about the trailer project. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if you are going to be any kind of machine, a cake making machine sounds pretty fun!
    I've been working on my own wardrobe this year and it's actually a lot of fun trying to see how much you can get from a less amount of stuff. I've still got a way to go, but it's all an exciting challenge.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x