Saturday, 22 August 2015

Conscious Living - A Love List..

"Be a curator of your life. Slowly cut things out until you're left only with what you love, with what's necessary, with what makes you happy." - Leo Babauta

List #009..
A collection of blog posts, articles, short films & links to inspire and invigorate a more conscious way of life. 

Spring is almost here.  Well if you ask Mother Nature, I think she'd say that Spring has well and truly arrived.  Today we began sowing our Summer veggie seeds and planning our garden for the new season, which I'm excited to say, will include some lovely new chickens soon.  The change of season brings with it an invigoration, a calling, to get outside, to connect, to get things done.  So I'm trusting my intuition, continuing to find that balance and embrace a slower pace, one that allows for afternoons to watch the clouds, make mud pies and enjoy the fleeting moments of Spring.  

I'm trying to make mornings more my thing.  With Winter winding up I'm looking forward to embracing the sun filled mornings of Spring and I loved this list of ten things to do before 10am. 

This family is so incredibly inspiring.  Such a beautiful example of blooming where you are planted and helping others to do the same. 

The longing for belonging is something I think about often.  As a society we have become so disconnected with everything around us, so totally isolated, it's wonderful to read articles like this one that help to show us the way home. 

Taking our garden to the next level and sharing our produce always seems like a monotonous task that would require much more land and heavy machinery.  This article, 'Earn a good living without a tractor' was such an interesting read and has really helped me see how it's possible to achieve our goals on only a few acres.  

I really love a happy ending, especially for young, inspiring couples like this one and their amazing handmade home. Every small triumph signals a change in the current paradigm. 

While we are chatting about homes, this might just be the tiny home of my dreams!

After making candles with Zara last month, I've fallen even more in love with beeswax and all it's wonderful possibilities. This article from Milkwood is a wonderful reference for some of the great things beeswax can do.  

And speaking of the lovely folk at Milkwood, there's a great interview over at The Bharani Effect all about inspiring couple, Kirsten and Nick. 

If you're feeling like you need a little kick start into Spring, the girls over at Wabi-Sabi Well are sharing all kinds of wonderful blog posts and videos. 

I'm still working hard on reducing the plastic in our home and always love new and inspiring tips

Solar cooking.. What a fascinating concept! And here in Mildura in the middle of Summer, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long at all to bake a batch of biscuits. So tempted to give it a try! 

My beautiful friend Kirsten Rickert has recently shared a lovely video about some of the questions she receives regarding home schooling.  I just adore Kirsten's approach to life and just hearing more about her process.

As you can tell, I just love reading interviews with beautiful people, living conscious lives.  One of my favourite sources is The Vista.  There's always someone amazing sharing their passion and wisdom, like this interview with Kari Jensen of Poppy and Someday

Feel like baking.. Here's a few perfectly homespun, delicious recipes to try.. Lemon & Chia Cake, Passionfruit and Coconut Slice and Golden Syrup Pudding.  

I'll leave you with a beautiful and timely little film created by the gorgeous and creative Michelle from Dancey Pants Disco, A gentle reminder to all play our part. 

What's been inspiring you lately?

Much Love & Light
xxx

5 comments:

  1. That quote is very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sophie :) Such an interesting, thoughtful list. Happy Sunday to you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, full of great resources. The market gardener book is on my list now, so good to know it is possible. Sometimes I think about my income whenever I get old, I know silly, but if you grow your own food and trade/sell you are alset :) I can spend hours browsing in the small houses website and dream about my future home. Have a wonderful week Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post Sophie! Spring arrived yesterday, it is a very fleeting thing here in North QLD, so I'm soaking it up. The veggie garden is starting to rocket along with the warmth and the whilst the winter veg are coming to an end the Spring/Summer seedlings are shooting along.
    I'm going to check out some of those links now
    Have a lovely week,
    Sarah x

    PS Thank-you so much for including my slice recipe in your post! It made my day to see it there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love hearing about your farm Sarah, Spring is just so exciting! And it's my absolute pleasure to include your recipe, can't wait to try it! Have a magic week xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x