Saturday, 25 July 2015

From My Journal..


A series of raw musings, straight from the pages of my journal. Thoughts, about life, change, dreams, the future and finding home.

There's a time in life for everything.. To connect, to retreat, to build, to nest, to grow, to harvest.  

Lately I've noticed the season of my own life beginning to change.  It only recently occurred to me, that for the last three years, I've retreated from the real world in many ways.  At first I think I had to, it was my way of dealing with our loss and my own grief.  I didn't want to talk to anyone really, so I created a nest, built high walls and rediscovered myself and my place in the world.  As time has passed, slowly I've begun to peep my head out of nest every so often, but have feared taking that leap back out into the big wide world.  Connecting with people, meant answering questions and opening my heart and until recently, I just haven't been ready for that.  But now, on the eve of what be three years since we lost our Little Wing, I feel like I'm finally taking that step into the great and beautiful unknown.  Now that I've reconnected with myself and with Mother Earth, I'm longing to reconnect with my tribe, to learn new skills, meet new people and play a part in my community.  

   And my still heart races at the thought and my head plays tricks on me, but I know deep down, it's time. It's time to bring together those serendipitous moments, those dreams and ideas. It's time to be brave and bold and open.  These three years have taught me so much, and one of my greatest lessons has been, to grow where you are planted. No matter the circumstances or the season of your life, there are always amazing experiences to be shared and people to share them with, if you're brave enough to connect.

Much Love and Light
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Josie. I'm so glad it resonated x

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you're saying, with every fiber of my being. I'm so pleased to hear of your boldness and growth. You will continue to go forth doing wonderful heartfelt things and honor not only your journey but Little Wings. So much love to you mumma as always. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trudie, from the bottom of my heart, for always being there right beside me on this journey. I feel so blessed xx

      Delete
  3. Being brave enough to connect is a wonderful thing Sophie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Jane. And thank you for being there to connect with, you have helped to light that fire inside me and I'm so grateful for you friendship x

      Delete
  4. Truly inspiring Sophie. I especially love that you've noticed and paid attention to that need that I'm sure we all have - to reconnect with our tribe. Bring back the village indeed. Enjoy discovering your people. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly inspiring Sophie. I love that you recognised and acknowledge a yearning I'm sure most of us have - to reconnect with our tribe. Bring back the village indeed! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending loving thoughts to you! May your path back be filled with all the wonders you can hold and may you feel loved and truly welcomed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x