Friday, 5 June 2015

Living Intentionally..

Today I'm reminding myself to live intentionally.  To really pause and take notice and revel in the everyday.  Some weeks I find myself getting to Friday and feel like I'm flying a little on auto pilot.. As I boiled the kettle for the third time this morning, I stopped and noticed magpie calling from the roof top, I listened to the clink of the spoon in my mug and watched in delight as my sweet little cheeky toddler twirled merrily in front of me.  I settled for that moment in the bliss of the day, and realised that it takes a constant reminder, a gentle touch of the soul, to live with this sense of presence and place. 

I've been thinking about mindfulness a lot recently, and realising how quickly my mind wanders to during the day, from one thing to the next.  Scattered between so many things, trying to be too many places all at once. So today, I'm reminding myself to choose an intentional path.  One so intentional that, rather than continuing to ramble about the things I should be doing, want to be doing... I'm going to pick one, just one and do it.  

A book I think.. A real book. Just for a few quiet moments, in the nurturing arms of nap time.  I might just read a book. 

Much Love & Light
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hope you got some lovely soul-filling reading time today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, your blog is delightful! Lately when I find my mind going walk about, I pop online to view your blog for some feel good inspiration and it works every time, even if to only to make me smile. So thank you kindly for taking the time to post, it is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie your blog is delightful! Lately when I find my mind wondering, I pop online to have a read of your blog for some feel good inspiration, and it works every time! Even if only to put a smile on my face. Thank you kindly for taking the time to blog, it is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing nicer than the moment of clarity and direction, just living in that moment and making the decision to do what you actually want to do. Enjoy your book xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x