Saturday, 9 May 2015

Gratitude..

It's often so easy to slip into the routine of the everyday, just putting one foot in front of the other, allowing the days to become weeks and then wondering where the month has disappeared to. Well, at least it is until life reminds you just how precious those days are.  It's been a challenging past month, one that's made me really stop and appreciate just how blessed I am each and everyday.  Over the past month, both my parents have had health scares and it's really the first time I've seen them both so vulnerable.  All that worry and waiting for results, hoping and praying for the best, over thinking and feeling totally out of control, while still trying to go about everyday life, has been an altogether exhausting and stressful process on us all.  Coupled with my own bout of mastitis and the initial scare that comes along discovering a lump and I've found myself in quite a surreal space, putting everything aside to just focus on getting from one day to the next, eagerly awaiting any bit of good news.  And I'm so incredibly full of gratitude that good news has now come to us all.


There is nothing like that kind of stress to make you reevaluate what is really important in life. This morning I woke up to a new day, a new beginning, a true awareness of the blessings I have and a profound greater love for my family and gratitude for good health.  And through all of this, I've found an immense clarification and a burning fire in my soul, to set aside my fears and really begin making my dreams a reality. 

Carpe Diem!
Much Love & Light
xxx

PS. I've been having some trouble with Bloglovin lately and it appears it's not updating my latest blog posts. I've tried contacting them with no luck, so I've had to create a new account.  If you'd like to receive my blog posts via Bloglovin please pop over and follow me here. x

6 comments:

  1. That fear post-mastitis is awful! Lots of empathy coming from me to you. 2.5yrs after I suffered one of the worst cases the GP had seen, my breast aches still every month for a week, possibly due to scar tissue. It's a horrible feeling with the 'what if's' that race through your mind.

    Be persistent with your 'feels' and always clarify with a professional!

    Every day is a new day and beginning it with positivity helps me start the day off right.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad things are looking so much better for you and family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mastitis is showing the need to nourish yourself, you probably know this already....I'm so glad you have all had good news. It's sounds worrying. Take care now, I was just thinking how it would be good to post grateful thoughts each day! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your well wishes lovely Heather. I'm very lucky I picked the mastitis up very early, it came about from Tallow weaning from one side, still stimulating it enough to produce a little amount of milk. Very happy to be feeling back to normal. I love the idea of grateful thoughts each day!

      Delete
  4. So glad everything is ok my dear, life throws these things at us sometimes, be gentle with yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had mastitis a few times with my second child and it was very difficult. I'm glad you're doing better now. I'm new to your blog and really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x