Thursday, 5 March 2015

These Days - Early Autumn..

These days, we are celebrating a year being back in Mildura. And my goodness the time seems to have flown by.  We've come a long way in the past twelve months, found our feet as a family, reconnected with community and made peace with our town.  To mark this time in our journey I've added a new print to our living room, the beautiful moon phases by Lauren Merrick, to remind myself of the beauty that change brings. 

These days, the garlic chives are in full bloom and adding the sweetest wisps of white to our early Autumn garden.  While our summer crop is ready to come out and make way for leafy winter greens, these delicate flowers are a sweet reminder that nature unfurls delight in remarkable ways.  

These days, I'm so excited to be working on my creative journey once again. It feels so good to be designing and making and that rush of creative energy along with the invigorating Autumn mornings is so wonderfully soul nourishing.   

These days, we are harvesting our first ever heirloom pumpkins.  Grown in our little backyard garden, from a handful of seeds, these beauties have inspired me that anything is possible, with love, time, water and sunshine. 

These days, I'm so grateful to be doing what I love.  The Autumn issue of Mildura Living Magazine launched this week and which features my seasonal spread 'The Simple Things'. With Autumn being my favourite season, I just adored weaving together these words, photographs and some gorgeous locally sourced, ethical products.   

These days the sunsets continue to take my breath away.  I've decided I might just become a 'Sunset Collector'.  It seems like the perfect kind of ephemeral collection. 

As Autumn sets in, I'm reminded of the beauty in change, being brave and making my ideas come to life and remembering not to rush, to truly enjoy the fleeting moments. 

Much Love & Light
xxx

PS. You might notice a few changes around here in the coming days.  It's nothing major, just a little makeover and a few adjustments to better reflect my life, dreams and philosophy. Thank you so much for stopping by, taking the time to read and supporting me in my adventures.  I'm forever grateful.

4 comments:

  1. The print and the mouse are so perfect in your house!
    Looking forward to seeing your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look Sophie! Your pages in the Mildura Living magazine look beautiful, well done! That pumpkin is impressive x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new blog layout is breathtaking, Sophie! I am looking forward to seeing all the updates. Your blog has always been one of my favourite weekly reads, and I love being inspired by your beautiful, simple lifestyle.

    www.the-b-life.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x