Monday, 9 March 2015

A Time for Change - Welcome to Sophie Isobel Asher..

Later this month, this little blog will turn seven years old. Seven years, it's hard to believe I've been here, sharing moments of my life for over half a decade. It's been two and a half years since I last gave the blog a little makeover and in that time so much has changed. With my last blog makeover came an important decision for me to rediscover my voice, to change the way I lived my life and truly share my story, raw and heartfelt.  

And as I look back now, I'm so glad I made that decision, to find me, to share what I was really passionate about, rather than what I thought was on trend or what others were writing about.  Through this passage of discovery I've been able to truly connect with what makes me happy, living simply, treading lightly and loving greatly. 

As I discovered and connected with this philosophy, the more I read, grew, made and harvested. And the more I realised I was slowly outgrowing the name I'd haphazardly given my blog, nearly a year before I started regularly writing back in 2008, when I was doing professional work placement for my teaching degree in a library. As a confessed book lover and wordsmith, the idea of library adventures seemed just delightful as I found myself lost between isles, shelving books one Friday afternoon, my blog name was born. 

Little did I know, the remarkable transformation the blog world would undertake, when blog names become identities and you find you're introducing yourself as your blog name when meeting fellow bloggers in the real world.  And while Her Library Adventures has served me very well for the past seven years, I now feel brave enough and trust in my own voice enough, to step out from behind that name and share my world, just as myself, Sophie Isobel Asher

So this is me, perhaps the most me that I've ever been. I've updated my about page to include some of the reasons why I come back to write here week after week and am also compiling answers to some frequently asked questions. My hope is that with a change in season and a change in name, I will be able to connect even more with this space, with you, with the things that bring me great joy, nourish my soul and fuel the fire in my belly. 

Seven years and over 2000 blog posts have taught me a great deal about life, love, dealing with grief and exploring who I am. Now with a renewed sense of purpose and under the creative energy of the recent full moon, I can't wait to begin this next chapter of this blog, cultivating a more soulful, conscious life, through words, images, design, craft, whole food, a heartfelt connection to Mother Earth and to like minded souls like you. 

Thank you for stopping by, for sharing this journey with me.  There are so many words and images to connect with each day, I feel so blessed that you have chosen to connect with mine.

Much Love & Light
xxx

ps. a huge thank you to my beautiful and incredibly talented sister, Phoebe for capturing my world so perfectly in her gorgeous writing and illustrations for my new layout. 

28 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I've been a reader for some time now and it has been so great following your journey. You have often prompted me to look at my own writing and blogging and inspired me to be more honest, reflective, and conscious, both in my creative work and in other aspects of my life. I look forward to your future posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kirsty. I so appreciate you stopping by and connecting. xxx

      Delete
  2. Sophie, the redesign is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey the way you have all these years. I can't tell you how many times your journaling posts or inspire posts have been just the right reminder to close the computer and create or tell my story. Your honesty and authenticity (a word I don't use often) always bring me back. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Katie. Your beautiful words inspire me to keep sharing and are also a beautiful reminder that it's ok to step away sometimes too. xx

      Delete
  3. Yay! I love this so much. :) I am so glad to be following your wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely Ashley, so sweet of you x

      Delete
  4. I wish you many blessings on your new journey! how wonderful to step into everything you are! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather and thank you for your support over the years. x

      Delete
  5. Love it Sophie, well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Jane. Thank you for stopping by, for your words and support and constant inspiration. Much love xx PS. Overdue coffee soon?

      Delete
  6. So exciting! Look forward to reading even more! You have such a beautiful name too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Elisa. So sweet of you. It feels wonderful to be able to finally be 'me'. xx

      Delete
  7. A beautiful redesign, and congratulations on seven years and two thousand posts. Wow! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ, and thank you for joining me on my journey. xx

      Delete
  8. Have been following you from first the UK and now France for about 5 years now.
    It's always such a joy to find a new post from you, to sneak a peek into the pages of your journals...your veggie plot...or your crafting corner. And I'm often touched by your words, insights and the experiences you share here.
    Sending you very best wishes in this really beautiful little corner
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fran, your beautiful words have touched my heart. Thank you so much for stopping by, for embracing my journey. It means the world to me. xx

      Delete
  9. beautiful Sophie, I've loved reading when I can over the past few years, and look forward to the times ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Rhiannon. I always appreciate you stopping by xx

      Delete
  10. Having been through a blog name change (or two), I understand just how exciting and liberating it can feel. Enjoy!

    Katie @ Katie Writes Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, it's amazing isn't it. After putting your heart and soul into something, it's such a mix of emotions to start fresh. xx

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love this new direction you have taken, this place looks so beauitful. I know I don't often comment much but I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now and yours was actually one that inspired me to start my own space. Hope you are having a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah, I'm so delighted you shared that with me, I'm so happy I might have helped along with way for you to find your own voice. xx

      Delete
  12. Love the changes Sophie and love that not only are you so talented but so is your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Lila! You are the sweetest! Thank you for reminding me that change can be a wonderful thing! And yes indeed, my sister is amazing! Catch up this week lovely! xx

      Delete
  13. You've created a beautiful space Sophie....and been on a great journey of self discovery. I always pop in to see what you've all been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Suzie, I really appreciate you popping by xx

      Delete
  14. Beautiful new space. We´re here to cheer with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x