Wednesday, 7 January 2015

My Word for 2015.. Light

How do you choose just one word for the year? Well it seems if you open your heart and let your intuition guide you, the word might just find you. This is how my words have found me over the past few years.  

In 2013, I chose the word embrace and it couldn't have been more appropriate for the amazing journey of motherhood I embarked on. Last year my word was nourish. I wanted to nourish myself, my family, find us a home, grow a garden, organise, simplify and take time to be and rediscover myself.  Looking back now, my heart swells with happiness, knowing that 2014 really was all about nourishment, especially for my soul. 

 Throughout December I was pretty sure I had my word for 2015 sorted.  I thought for sure it could be 'connect'. Connecting with the earth, with people, putting plans into action, it seemed to really fit my vision for the year. But, last Thursday morning as the first sunrise of 2015 shone through our bedroom window, a vivid memory danced around me head, one I just had to follow. 

'I was about 16 and my family and I visiting Byron Bay for the day. We were having breakfast at one of the little cafes and I remember being totally captivated by the waitress serving us. She was ethereal, she walked as if she were gliding, connecting with incredible energy force, that I couldn't understand.  Her face was serene, like she had just finished the most magical yoga practice ever. She was beautiful, from the inside out and her whole being, was light.'

And there it was, in that memory.. my word for the 2015, light.  As soon as the memory faded I was reminded of a quote I shared in one of my conscious living love lists a few weeks back.. 'Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light' and words perfectly resonate what I want to do this year.  I want to travel and live light, in our home and in myself. Living with less has already made our lives so much lighter and happier, I'm really looking forward to continuing and expanding our conscious journey.  I want to spread light, share and connect (there's my original word) with the tribe of like minded souls. And I want to be the light, to reconnect with my soul's purpose, stand up and make a difference and really be the change I want to see in this world.  I read that 2015 was the year of clarity and manifestation, so I'm trusting my intuition and letting my light guide the way. 

What's your word for 2015?
Much Love & Light
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous word choice. This year I am having my first child (any day now!) I picked an ABC theme because three words in particular spoke to me. I am working on ATTEMPT, BLISS, CHANGE. Each one of those comes with it's own beautiful challenges, and I am looking forward to moving into 2015 with a new life, both my own and with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very apt for you at the moment, and I think you could use what you've learnt so far to light the way for others on the same journey......we all need a little light in our lives. Put light relief on there too, for those happy, energy boosting moments :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of choosing a word to inspire your thoughts and actions for a year is something I've never considered before but I think it's fantastic. It's weird, but I stopped to think what my word might be and one came to me, slipping under all the other words I was considering: clarity. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of choosing a word to inspire your thoughts and actions for a year is something I've never considered before but I think it's fantastic. It's weird, but I stopped to think what my word might be and one came to me, slipping under all the other words I was considering: clarity. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living light will be a beautiful thing, Sophie. I already consider you full of light. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this. :) My word of the year is Embrace. This is my first year doing a "word" instead of resoluutions and I can already tell that it was a perfect choice. It's amazing how the words just come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful reasons behind your word. my own IS connection. :)

    may your year be filled with Light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choice lovely lady, light is definitely your nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful choice of word xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely choice. Mine is 'gratitude'. I have had a tough year, and the start to 2015 has already been a bit rocky. I want to look beyond the challenges and feel filled with love and light from the blessings I have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A similar experience... I had chosen 'focus' (to get me through specific goals early this year) but just before Jan 1st, the word 'clarity' revealed itself. I think it's more fitting as the second half of this year I will have spare time up my sleeve, and would like to enjoy it, but also use it wisely - so clarity is definitely required!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x