Saturday, 17 January 2015

Conscious Living - A Love List..


"What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make" - Jane Goodall

List #005.. 
A collection of blog posts, articles, short films & links to inspire and invigorate a more conscious way of life. 

January always brings forth the most beautiful and inspiring manifestos and articles, writing that makes my heart sing and truly inspires my soul.  Belinda's post about choosing happiness was honestly is one of the most poignant and moving pieces I've read in a long time.  So too, was Ellie's beautiful simple living manifesto.  I admire both these amazing and passionate women so much, do pop by and share the love, I promise they will make your heart happy too.

And speaking of a happy heart, this open letter to Australia Post from the wonderful ladies at Ecolosophy, really got me thinking this week. Great work ladies, here's to standing up and making wonderful positive changes.

My love for tiny homes grows ever stronger as I dream up the kind of handmade home we would love to build one day.  This TED talk by Andrew Morrison really got me invigorated to start drawing my ideas.

 And I can never go past a gorgeous tiny house tour, a super cute little handmade home or a beautifully crafted Earthship.

The Bharini Effect have done it again, with another thoughtful and inspiring interview with Brie-Ann of Wabi Sabi Well. Not only has the interview inspired me to take more conscious steps in my everyday, but that property, oh my, has helped me plant the vision for the kind of patch of land I'd love for our family.

I'm always gathering new recipes to try and after my first successful batch of apricot jam and homemade passata, and a great win tonight with this pasta recipe, I'm feeling a little bit more confident and adventurous in the kitchen. So in the next few weeks I'd love to try, this cashew cheese, these fabulous olive oil crackers and some wonderful carrot cake truffles. I love using vegetables in baking. What's been happening in your kitchen lately?

Do you have a morning ritual? I'm starting to work on one for us at the moment.  I'm finding a new rhythm in our mornings, balancing mama moments, with quiet soul nourishing snippets, like practicing yoga while making strong mugs of tea. I really enjoyed reading about these morning rituals. Some lovely ways to begin the day.

And this list.. It's never far from my mind and each tip is something I often come back to.

My gorgeous friend Katie gifted me The Simple Life for Christmas and this little book has barely left my side since.  There's so much between it's pages, so many reminders to slow down, be more thoughtful and really enjoy life's everyday simple pleasures.  One chapter I really adored was about bed making and it's something Rhonda also writes about on her amazing, resource filled blog.  I'm taking a new approach to bed making this year, adding a bit more effort and care, to make our bedroom a really lovely and cozy retreat for our family.

Wishing you a beautiful and productive weekend!
Much Love  & Light
xxx

PS. You can find previous Love Lists here 

14 comments:

  1. Oh that book is high on my wish list - I loved her first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely Bec and the perfect handbag size too! Hope you're having a beautiful week x

      Delete
  2. I loved the post on happiness, thank you for sharing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it Amanda! It's inspired me so much xx

      Delete
  3. I love tiny homes too theres some really good youtube channels that vlog about tiny house living. Kirsten Dirksen, big living in a tiny house and tinyhouseswoon.com to name a couple.
    Im in the research development stage of my own tiny build with plans to build in a couple of years time.
    Im currently downsizing my possessions and looking for suitable house plans that I can modifiy to my needs.
    Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the extra links :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting! Thanks so much I will definitely check out those channels, I love having a look at what people have created. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your journey too. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, so glad you enjoyed it! x

      Delete
  5. This in an utterly inspiring list. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Lisa- Marie, I really love putting these together, it's lovely to have as resource to come back to on those days when you need a little inspiration. Hope you're having a beautiful week xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad that you are inspired by my post, Sophie! Thank you for your lovely words, and for this great post. I keep going back to that tiny home in California. It's amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much for stopping by Belinda, your blog and Instagram are always so inspiring and have really helped me on my soul's path. So thank you for that. Isn't that home just wonderful! I'm not sure how it would work with a toddler, but goodness I'd love to create something like it one day. Hope you're having a beautiful time on your holiday. Much Love and light xx

      Delete
  7. This is great love list - thank you ever so for collating it.

    Have you read George Saunders Congratulations, By The Way? The text is available (by permission of the author) here: http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/george-saunderss-advice-to-graduates/?_r=0. When I read the line "err in the direction of kindness" it made me think of your space here. So much so that it is the first line of my journal that I never thought I would keep...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love for tiny homes too, the whole idea of them just speaks to me. Have you seen the American documentary 'Tiny'?
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x