Thursday, 4 December 2014

Making Lately..

I always love the creative buzz around this time of year. With so much to make and do for the festive season, especially with a handmade Christmas, I feel like I've been in the Christmas spirit for almost a month already.  There's multiple creative projects on the go around here at the moment, stashed in baskets and hidden up high, away from sweet and curious toddler hands. And it's the first time in a little while I'm feeling surge of creative ideas. So here's what I've been making lately..

There's lovely big eucalyptus leaves everywhere around the house at the moment, slowly being transformed into decorations and Christmas wreaths.  The smell amazing! And I've been working on a new range of mandalas too, using hemp.  I can't wait to share more about this in the new year.

In keeping with our handmade Christmas.. Here is this year's wrapping paper.  This was such a delight to make and some wonderful Sunday afternoon family fun!

And I suppose this is a slightly different kind of making.. The Summer issue of Mildura Living Magazine launched on Tuesday night and includes my feature 'The Simple Things'.  It's always such a buzz to see months of ideas and work come together in print. 

 And speaking of all things local, I've taking Wilde Asher to the Mildura Riverfront Boutique Markets this Saturday and as I'm having last minute making sessions to add a few extra festive bits and pieces to the stall. 

  And somewhere in the quiet moments, I've been nestling into my journal, reflecting on the year and dreaming up plans for a really exciting 2015. It's already feeling like it's going to be wonderful!

What have you been making lately?
Much Love
xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Handmade christmas sounds great,you will get something trully especial, you know someone spend time and energy to make something just for you. Thanks for sharing your journal with us, so inspiring Sophie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x