Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 - The Year that Was..

2014 has been a most wonderful family adventure. For us this year was all about making a home, finding a place where we could plant our seeds of change and transform our lives.  It's been a year filled with colour, joy, celebration, learning and nourishing.  A time to take the first steps to fulfill our dreams, to grow right where we are planted and to embrace, with love and gratitude our humble, conscious way of life. Here are a few of my favourite moments from 2014.

Celebrating Tallow's first birthday with our amazing family and friends
Growing our own food and embracing a homespun lifestyle
Moving to our little white cottage by the river
Reconnecting with old friends and celebrating my thirtieth birthday
Working with my mum and sister to grow Wilde Asher and developing a new range of homewares 
Taking on a new role, as a writer and stylist for Mildura Living Magazine 
Sharing a little bit about my life and work in interviews for the Australian Financial Review and Mollie Makes Photography
Connecting with mother nature, taking long walks, making flower mandalas & treading a little more lightly
Fulfilling many of my thirty goals
Finding my way as a mother, a homemaker and a creative and being able to share my adventures with such a caring community

And now begins a new adventure of 2015, an opportunity to truly live the life we've been talking about for so long.  The seeds are planted and now it's time to grow.  2015 is all about making dreams a reality, setting free ideas that have been nestled within my journal pages for far too long.  I hope to expand my creative work, both for Wilde Asher and my freelance writing & styling and explore new ways to connect creatively with the things I'm most passionate about.  I look forward to share more about my goals and my word for the year over the coming days.

Over the past three years I've created Thirty Goals to achieve over the year, as a way to inspire and challenge myself to achieve both fun short term goals and embrace long term dreams. Are you making goals for the year? I'd love to hear about them and I will create a little link up tomorrow so we could share our hopes and goals for the coming year. Feel free to pop by and join in!  You can also share them on Instagram with the hashtag #thirtygoals2015 and @herlibraryadventures. Whether it be one goal or fifty, it's a lovely way is to support one another's dreams for the new year.

Wishing you a wonderful evening, a time for celebration and reflection.  May your dreams engulf the skies and dance beyond the moon and into a vivid and truly magical 2015. 

Much Love
xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's been a big year for you, you've done well. Wishing you and yours every happiness and success for 2015. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They way you have forged the life you want in 2014 has been very inspiring. All the very best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reflection on the past year, Sophie. I hope all year dreams come true in 2015.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x