Friday, 28 November 2014

Conscious Living - A Love List..

Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.. Yogi Bhajan

List #003

I've been thinking a lot lately about unplugging once a week and by coincidence I came across this interesting article the other day.  In an ever connected world, sometimes it's really tricky to find a happy balance between the online and the 'real' world. It's something I'm looking forward to exploring in my goals for 2015.

I'm currently catching up on the third season of Gourmet Farmer and I'm just marveling at the beauty of the apple isle and the remarkable people who are making amazing thing happen there.  My whole family is from Tasmania, back almost five generations, but it's only now, in a different mindset that I'm personally beginning to feel a real connection to that part of the world.  The gorgeous Michelle  has some wonderful 'Behind the Scenery' posts capturing the beauty of the region.  I particularly love this one on Bruny Island

This short film just filled me with inspiration, such a beautiful, humble woman and an amazing little part of the world. 

A pocket full of seeds.. I just love this idea.

I just adored this gorgeous little film and interview with a gorgeous simple living Byron Bay couple.

I've mentioned how much Alys Fowler has inspired my love for gardening previously, particularly her series, The Edible Garden. Recently I discovered her fabulous articles and short films over at The Guardian.  She's got so many good tips and it's totally thanks to Alys that our blueberries are looking so happy at the moment.  

Creating a simple wardrobe has been on my mind lately, as I find myself rediscovering my personal style and transitioning from being professional to a mama and creative. I was fascinated by this article about successful people who wear the same thing everyday. The idea of a 'uniform' does make dressing seem to much less complicated.   I also love Tricia's six items challenge.  Perhaps something to try in the new year.  

This post by Lentil really moved me.. I just love what the lovely folks at Grown & Gathered are doing! 

Belinda's creative process and way of life is simply amazing.  I'm totally enchanted by this gorgeous short film.  

A little while back in a previous love list, I mentioned the gorgeous Notes to my Future Daughter that Catie of The Staple Store was writing on Instagram.  Well, it seems plenty of others loved them too, because Catie has taken an amazing journey to make these notes into a book. You can help make her dream a reality over here and also read a gorgeous interview with Catie over on The Bharani Effect

With December the first just around the corner, I've been thinking a great deal about embarking on our first conscious Christmas. This year we are endvouring to tread as lightly as possible, to be mindful, grateful, ethical and sustainable throughout the festive season.  From gifts and wrapping to food and decorations, we hope to begin new traditions and pave the way for a more joyful and meaningful Christmas time.  You can see a few of my homemade decorations above, straight from the garden and bound with hemp twine.  I'm looking forward to sharing more about conscious Christmas ideas in the coming weeks.  In the meantime you can find some great inspiration for a no waste Christmas over at 1 Million Women and I loved Tricia and Brydie's creative festive ideas too.  

Have you read or seen anything inspiring lately? I'd love to hear about it!
Wishing you a beautiful weekend!
Much Love
xxx

PS. You can find previous Love Lists here 

5 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtful post Sophie...great links too! Happy weekend to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pledged my support for Catie's project. it sounds amazing.
    Thank you for all the links. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thoughtful post - inspirational too. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post. Enjoying perusing the links. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post, I am going to check these links out now. Lately I am fiding myself more and more drawn to conscious living, so I will be interested to hear about your conscious Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x