Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Seven Vignettes - July & August..

With the last week of August disappearing in the haze, I feel like I've got a whole bunch of blogging to catch up on.  Whenever I'm away from this little space for a while, I find myself really missing these moments, to just catch up and share a few bits and pieces.  I missing reading blogs too! It's been far too long between visits and I'm looking forward to spending some time in the next few days catching up and popping by your gorgeous spaces too.  I miss it, I really do.  In the meantime I thought I'd share my seven vignettes from July and August.  Goodness, I can't believe how quickly those months flew by.  Inspired by my little collection of vintage bottles, native flora and found ephemera, both sets of vignettes evoke my love of simple beauty, forgotten wares and stories of yesteryear.  

August Vignettes
And a few of my favourites..

Day Three - Unique. Inspired by unique wisps of Mother Nature.

Day Seven - Organic. Inspired by eggs from happy hens & greens from our happy garden.

Day Four - Vintage. Inspired by moments & memories of yesteryear.

July Vignettes
And a few of my favourites..

 Day Two - Writing. Inspired by my collection of vintage writing ephemera. (Also featured as one of West Elm's favourites for the month)

 Day Four - Bathtime. Inspired by ancient rituals & heavenly moments.

 Day Three - Lipstick. Inspired by the beauty of natural lipstick pigments, turmeric, cocoa and cinnamon.

Be sure to pop over and check out all the vignette action on Instagram at the moment.  I'm sitting out this month and refueling my creative tank after a big month of projects, but I can't wait to get back into the action for October.  It's always so inspiring to be a part of the vignette world and I feel so blessed to have met so many inspiring creatives in the process.  Do you play along? I'd love to know! If not, you totally should, you don't need much (I use lots of bits and pieces from the pantry & garden) and it's so much fun!

Happy Wednesday!
Much Love
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I adore these posts - they are SO inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignettes are always beautiful. I adore the little cosy you sat the eggs in. Just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Melinda! I made the little cosy originally for my cactus, but it was such a sweet spot for the eggs, I'm thinking a big one might be on my to make list. xx

      Delete
  3. Love these Sophie...so natural and gorgeous. I LOVE the use of the dip tins too, very local aren't they? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks Jane you are the sweetest. Yes I'm such a fan of the old dip tin. They are so useful! xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x