Saturday, 9 August 2014

Making, Doing & Thinking..


I can't quite find the right words to express the week that has passed.  Emotions are so heightened, grief still feels so raw and yet in the midst of it all, the beauty of the everyday envelopes those dark moments and sprigs of fresh lavender, winter sunsets and family afternoon walks, sooth the soul, bring hope, joy and beautiful possibilities for the weeks to come. Thank you for your touching thoughts and words, throughout the week. I feel so blessed to be able to share our story in such a caring community.

This weekend I'm looking forward to working on an exciting freelance project, spending time with my journal and finishing a few new crochet mandalas (which will be coming very soon to Wilde Asher). And there's sure to be some baking and gardening too.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up just a little bit more so we can start planting our summer crop. I've got a huge list of goodness I'd love to grow and I'm just hoping to find enough spots from everything in our lovely little garden.  

I really adored Kate's post this week.  Spread the love.. it's that simple.

And I loved reading about this clever couple.  Their flower exchange makes me smile.

Can't wait to try out this cute basket DIY.  Such a lovely storage solution for Tallow's favourite toys. And this branch weaving looks like so much fun, I feel a Sunday crafternoon coming on. 

I just adore the styling of this home.  All those lovely hanging plants, yes I think a trip to the nursery is in order very soon. 

These woven textiles are just exquisite. It's beautiful to see such amazing artisan work and is such an inspiration to develop my skills in forgotten arts and traditions.     

I'm going to try making this makeup remover this weekend after having great success with the natural deodorant recipe.  I'm really excited about embarking into the world of natural and homemade personal care and beauty products. Have you tried making your own? I'd love to hear about your experiences. 

This preserving book looks fabulous and as a total novice in the world of preserving I'm really looking forward to getting in on the action without having to make epic quantities.

This sweet post reminded me how much I loved to create my own zines before the days of blogging and Instagram.

I've been on the look out for great ethically made basics for so long and I'm delighted to stumble upon these fabulous designs just in time for Spring. And there is something for the whole family which is a bit exciting!

Are you joining me to Journal Your Heart Out this month? It's not too late, grab your journal this weekend and get re-acquainted.

Wishing you a most beautiful weekend!
Much Love
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a delightful weekend.
    I'm slowly using up all the bottles and tubes in the bathroom cupboard and hoping to replace them with natural and homemade. The deodorant recipe sounds promising. I will have to give it a try.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Zara, I hope your weekend was lovely. Look forward to hearing about your making adventures. Let me know if you find any more good recipes. x

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of natural self care! I think you'll love it :) I've been making my own natural care products for a few years now (lotion, balms, salves, hair care, etc.). It can be a bit intimidating at first, but over time you'll see that it's really just a natural flow. I used to get hung up in exact measurements + such, but everything comes together so flawlessly that it becomes more + more enjoyable each time. Good luck with making your own care products!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x