Saturday, 5 July 2014

Making, Doing & Thinking..

It's been one of those fun growth spurt weeks, one that requires an extra bit of love, patience, resilience and laughter. I've had so much to share, but by the time my fingers found the keyboard each night, I found myself yearning to just be for a moment. So I've listened to my heart and reminded myself there's always tomorrow to share. 

July has always been a pivotal point in my year, for as long as I can remember. I think because my birthday is in July, it's always provided a kind of reference point to what has been and what's yet to come. And now the first week is almost finished, I'm really beginning to see just how quickly this year is passing by. There have been moments lately I've just wanted everything to slow down, I've found myself asking where on earth the time has gone. It's a wonderful reminder to seize the days, even when they are a little cold and rainy, to befriend time, rather than working against it.  So as I count down the days until my 30th birthday, I'm making a promise to myself, to take my own advice and create a new relationship with time.  One that honours and enjoys the moments rather than worrying about where they've disappeared to.  

I've been fascinated by natural plant dyeing for years and did some work with a few varieties while studying textiles for interiors. I'd love to get back into it and I'm thinking this fabulous DIY post might be a great place to start. And if you're looking for some resources to help you out in your kitchen, garden and creating a more self-sufficient way of life, Milkwood is full of great information

And speaking of self sufficiency, this off-grid community in Portugal is so inspiring.  Be sure to check out the amazing little film, what a place to live. This green school really made me smile this week.  I LOVE that things like this are happening on the planet! 

This week we've made our first batch of sauerkraut as well as our first sourdough starter.  I'm loving trying new things and learning something new every time I'm in the kitchen. 

This workshop is a dream come true! I would just love to go! Perhaps a family roadtrip is in order.

Rosie makes the most beautiful little upcycled vintage inspired children's jackets.  I can't wait to get one for Tallow to wear on our winter afternoon walks. 

This home, this dress, these shoes..

I'd love to try out this cute little DIY for Tallow and this salad is definitely on the to make list next week. 

I'm so delighted to become a part of this amazing new sisterhood and can't wait to meet some more fabulous like minded ladies.  
River Cottage Australia is back for season two.  Season one was so inspiring and really solidified my feelings about simplifying our lives and getting back to basics.  I'm so looking forward to seeing the beautiful area of Tilba again and learning a little more in the process. Tilba is also on our family roadtrip list.  Have you been there? It looks amazing! 

And I'm super excited that we've just launched our latest jewellery collection, 'Celestial Huntress' over at Wilde Asher. It's inspired by the sky above, the earth below and our wild wandering hearts. It's such a joy to collaborate with my mum and sister on this collection and it makes me so happy to see our shared vision come to life.  

I hope you're having a beautiful & creative weekend!
Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I've been loving River Cottage Australia, and I hope that many more seasons will come!
    Now I'm going to check out the other links that you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that salad looks delicious and perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that print, it's oh so true! I always kick myself for not putting down modern distractions and spending my down time with craftier activities, need to try harder this summer!!
    Hope it's a great July!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your links are so inspiring! I just turned to my husband and said, "let's move to Portugal", he just smiled and said sure. I love River Cottage Australia. After every episode I wonder how we can incorporate what he's done into our urban lifestyle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie, SO many good links! That workshop is PERFECT. You should totally do it if you can! PS. I just read your letter, and I almost teared up. True story. Heart to heart! You are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been feeling so similar lately. at the end of the day, after having spent so much time on the computer, i just can't bring myself to write a post. p.s. i want to do that workshop too! but really can't justify the cost. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 30th birthday! Into am turning 30 this July (on the 7th)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so many great links!

    Happy birthday! I always find my birthday month--September--to be one of those renewal times, and summer always feels like preparation for it, and these links are so perfect for the things I'm considering this summer. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many amazing links to explore throughout this week :) The off-the-grid community sounds so promising + delightful, I can't wait to read more about it. I fairly recently found Milkwood as well + I've been loving all the inspiration + ideas. Here's to a wonderful July filled with birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x