Friday, 27 June 2014

In the Stars..

I've always had a fascination with astrology and divination.  Coming from an alternative family it wasn't unusual to receive tarot cards or set of runes for Christmas and to sit around on New Year's Eve our star signs for the coming year.  It was innate within me to look to the sky and to the tarot deck for inspiration and insight, but as I 'grew up', got a 'real job' and bought a 'real house', I lost touch with that part of my world.  Not intentionally mind you. I just got too 'busy', doing what I thought was 'right' to star gaze and look inward for answers.   

Then everything changed and immediately I began to realise that the life I thought I had planned was no longer serving me.  My paradigm began to shift and over the last two years, I've been learning to once again trust my intuition and follow my heart. I've begun to reconnect with the moon cycles, the seasons, the solstices, equinoxes and the world around me.  I've found beautiful tarot deck that calls to my soul and books, websites and amazing people like Cheray, who have helped me to search within and trust myself again.. that free spirited young girl, who wore love beads around her neck and flowers in her hair.

So this week, as I open my journal and draw my cards, I write out my dreams.  And I do so happily knowing that now isn't quite the right time to bring them to life, just yet.  I've got so many ideas right now, big wild ideas. They need time, love and so much energy and I know in my heart things will fall into place in time, but for right now,with the new moon and this Mercury retrograde, I'll keep them nestled within my journal pages and not get caught up thinking that I'm not 'doing enough' or 'making stuff happen'.

  Slowing down, letting go, trusting your intuition and allowing possibilities to unfurl  in time.. It's a beautiful thing.

So if you're feeling a little bit stuck over the past few weeks, things not going your way, technology driving you crazy, too many ideas and not enough time.  Don't worry, it's not just you, it's in the stars.  Just breath, put your phone down, go outside (remember to take a jacket if it's as cold at your place as it is here), reconnect with the world around you, have a beautiful Friday and nurturing new moon.

Much Love
xxx

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something wonderful about feeling like you are part of something bigger. I think life takes out the joy and wonder, and we need to see to find it again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling stuck ... and yes, too many ideas, not enough time . .. and thank you for the reminder. I know that this too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Sophie. I also used to read tarot in my younger years, but also lost that connection. I have started to pay attention to moon cycles again & being more mindful of how it effects my emotions. Allison DuBois posts really great updates re: sun & moon movements on her facebook page, which I always look forward to reading.

    xo

    PS still love reading your blog despite not being very good at commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely Sophie. I too started to bypass my practices in astrology and healing as I moved into my world of adulthood, giving away my cards and stones in favour of more 'practical' objects and exercises. Only in the past few years I've found that yearning to return to that which has stayed close to my heart, and am slowly finding my way back x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely post, thanks for the reminder, it's all there isn't, just need to let it happen! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Sophie - I've found a lot of wisdom and solace this year by doing some very similar things! It has given me a lot of peace and comfort. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. Thank you so much for reminding me those things... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x