Friday, 28 March 2014

Happy 6th Birthday Little Blog..

Six years ago today, I thought I'd try my hand at the funny thing called blogging.  I dusted off my camera, went out to my favourite antique shop, snapped a few photos and wrote a few lines.  Seems I enjoyed it so much I even wrote another post that day, sharing some cushions and art that I'd made for our living room.  Six years ago I was in my early 20s, newly married and had just moved to a new town in the country. Who knew how wonderful, transforming and inspiring that funny little thing called blogging could be.

Six years later I find myself back in that town in the country, a little older, perhaps a little wiser and with a few more adventures under my belt, but essentially the same tea drinking, day dreaming girl, who loves sunny afternoons filled with making, writing and arranging (or rearranging) fossicked and foraged treasures.  

I thought I'd celebrate by sharing twelve of my favourite blog posts I've written over the past six years (I tried for ten but I just couldn't quite narrow them down).  

Nurturing Your Creative Soul ~ I wrote this post on little scraps of paper when I first began blogging again. It's a very special one to me. 
What I Wore..Colour My World ~ My favourite ever outfit post. (The one in which I posed like a teapot to make the gorgeous Maxabella giggle)
My Life List ~ Writing this list really did help me find direction and follow my dreams.  So excited to share an update soon.
My Baby Shower ~ Such a special record of a most magical day shared with the women dear to my heart.
Weekend DIY - Chalkboard Handbag ~ My favourite ever craft project (which I was so delighted to have featured over at Mollie Makes)
Journalling for the Soul ~ Journalling has played a really vital role in my creative and personal journey. This post also sparked a very special project I'm currently working on.
Tallow's Whimsical Nursery Tour ~ Creating this room was a soul healing journey for me.
Finding My Voice ~ This was such a challenging post to write and one very dear to my heart.
Domestic Art & Banana Bread ~ A treasured book and a favourite recipe.
Be Kind to Yourself ~ My favourite list and daily reminder.
A Perfect Afternoon for Summer Reading ~ My favourite post to style.  Anything that involves a lovely magazine, lots of crochet, tea and the colour yellow makes me very happy indeed. 
My New Studio Tour ~ Oh I loved my little studio and this post is a sweet reminder of our first home and my afternoons making little fabric brooches

With all my heart thank you for taking a moment out of your day to stop by and visit.  Your comments and friendship mean the world to me and those connections we create are what make this blogging community so amazing and so special.  I look forward to many more years of blogging, cherishing the moments, enjoying the simple pleasures and sharing the joy and magic of everyday.

Much Love
xxx

16 comments:

  1. How wonderful Soph! Happy 6th birthday to your little blog. Your space here is always such a treat to visit. Your beauty truly shines through.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Ronnie, you are the sweetest. And thank you for all your support and encouragement. You are an inspiration xx

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! Your blog is inspirational and always makes me smile, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sophie, every post you write is gorgeous and although I don't always comment they always make me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations sweet friend! What a beautiful journey you've taken us on. Always so inspiring!! Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beautiful friend! Missing you! Thank you for all your support and inspiration xx

      Delete
  5. haaaaaappy birthday blog sweet blog! i've enjoyed your blog for years. thank you for keeping it up, and having just celebrated my blog's 3rd birthday, i know that it's not always easy to keep at it for so long. you do it with such grace, and beauty and that is oh-so-very inspiring! it's been a treat to watch your dear Tallow come into your life and to see her grow as well. thank you for all that you share. big hugs! oxo Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh beautiful Nicole thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  6. Loved looking back at all your posts! I do miss your outfit posts and summer reading vignettes, we never see you anymore, and you have such a bright smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Wendy! I'm looking forward to starting my outfit posts again soon. I miss them too! It's been so hot over summer I haven't worn anything very exciting, but so excited for Autumn and some wardrobe inspiration. x

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday sweet little blog and congratulations sweet mumma, here's to many more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been wonderful following along on your journey. Happy 6th blogging birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogging birthday Sophie - I've loved being able to read and see and share your journey and adventures with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogversary! Keep up the good work, Sophie. I will enjoy reading your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Sixth Birthday to you and your lovely blog…..I always enjoy reading about your adventures x
    Its amazing how much you can cram into 6 years….x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x