Monday, 3 February 2014

Making & Doing..

'A weekly document of little thoughts that dance around my head at 3am.'

There's a change in the air and we are embracing every moment. (More about our new adventures soon)

I'm dreaming up plans for a new website and an exciting new side project and reminding myself to take my time and be patient (I get a bit enthusiastic and want everything to be finished immediately.)

I'm enjoying the new season of River Cottage to the Core and thinking about making my own preserves this season.

I'm adding chia seeds to everything and think it's high time we grew our own. And speaking of chia seeds I really want to try this recipe.

I'm thinking about this crazy caper that is social media and how I fit into it all these days.  I'm interested in reading others perspectives and am always thinking about what might happen next in the world of blogging and Instagram. Right now I've decided I love them both, but have noticed that my priorities are changing and that savouring the joys of everyday life is what's making my heart sing right now.

I'm currently in the midst of seven vignettes and there are strange little clusters of flowers, doilies and ephemera dotting the house.

I'm doing a little happy dance that Miss Tallow is nearly finished her wonder week (more like wonder month) and is back to her normal sleeping routine after a week of unsettled nights.

We've been planning the Autumn/Winter collection for Wilde Asher and I'm so excited to begin creating samples.  We've got some new designs in store and can't wait to start work on our new homewares collection.

I'm enjoying making up some pretty packages to send to some lovely blogging friends. 

I'm itching to try a new craft and I'm thinking pottery might be fun. I'm also keen to really fire up my sewing machine and work on a few skirts for Autumn.

Kate's beautiful crochet blanket is inspiring me to pick up my hook and commit to a blanket project in Autumn.

I'm still in love with kilim rugs and I'm hoping one with serendipitously enter my life in the near future.

This week I'm inspired by this article, this pantry and this gorgeous blog post

Wishing you a beautiful and inspired week!
Much Love
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehe yes indeed! Can't wait to get started.

      Delete
  2. Your enthusiasm for life is so infectious lovely lady! I can't wait to read more about your exciting plans. Have a wonderful week. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much lovely! You are the sweetest! xx

      Delete
  3. Your posts are like a warm hug. I understand the wanting to tackle it and have it done mentality! I feel like that on my blog...so many dreams and not enough time, because I want to enjoy life out and about as well, not just at my computer screen;) Love all you do! xoxolindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsay, your beautiful comment really resonated with me. You're so right, life outside the computer screen is so precious. xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x