Thursday, 12 December 2013

Fab Fun Goals Update..

It's hard to believe it's nearly the end of the year and with these last few weeks, comes those moments of refection, a gentle pause and reminder of the year that has been.  On the first day of 2013, I wrote myself a fun goals list and to be honest over the past few months, I'd almost completely forgotten about it.  It seems my ideas of learning to play the ukulele and fire twirling gave way to 3am feeds and tummy time.  But hey, that's the beauty of a goals list right, there's always next year and the year after that.  When I did look back on my list, it seems I have actually achieved more of my goals than I had originally thought.  So here are a few things I've ticked off...
 
 Learn some more hooping tricks - Ok so this is more of a dust off the hoops and get back into hooping, since it was a bit tricky to work on tricks with a baby bump throughout the year.  I've started playing around with my hoops again this week and I'm loving it! 
 
 
 Hold a pop up shop - I just loved putting together my very first little pop up shop for the Vintage Treasure Hunt and can't wait to do it more in the future.
 
Fire up my sewing machine - Finally after being boxed up for nearly six months in storage, I dusted off my sewing machine to make some little birds and bunting for Tallow's room.  Next up, a softie or two!
 
 Buy local, organic and home grown produce - We are so lucky to live in an area with amazing fresh produce and local markets.  We are never short of a locally grown pineapple or punnet of strawberries and we are also working hard on our own little veggie garden too.
 

Bake my own bread - Yay, we successfully made bread! My next goal is to try out different varieties and get baking more regularly. One day I'll get really adventurous and even try to bake sourdough.
 

Take long walks and photograph the details - Since moving to the Sunshine Coast, we've enjoyed so many beautiful beach walks. Even the wander to the beach is lovely, especially this time of year when the Poincianas are in bloom.

With only a few weeks of the year left, I'm hoping to tick one or two more off my list.  Perhaps Santa might even bring me a ukulele for Christmas. 

Did you make any goals this year?
How did you go ticking off your list?
Much Love
xxx
 


6 comments:

  1. Great post! x
    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't one of your goals to add to your family? You certainly achieved that in the most wonderful way. Enjoy your first Christmas with your gorgeous Tallow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes that that was on my life list, very excited to update that list. Wishing you a lovely festive season too x

      Delete
  3. I love the take more walks and photograph the moments goal;) I love riding my bicycle, and I've recently set that as a goal too~ stop and admire what I normally pedal past. Living in Hawaii we love our farmer's markets and pineapple. I usually don't make Jan-Dec goals, but rather stem from my birthday month (april) on, however this year I feel like I accomplished staying more CALM and living presently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love your staying calm goal and living presently goal. So important and one I will definitely be adding to my 2014 list x

      Delete
  4. If you want to try sourdough have you seen http://cityhippyfarmgirl.com/2011/06/15/how-to-make-a-sourdough-starter/ ?? It is SO easy and tastes DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x