Saturday, 2 November 2013

Our World in October..

 So I was hoping for a free moment to write my usual style 'My World in October' post.. however it seems Miss Tallow is right in the middle of her first wonder week, which means each free moment in the day becomes more precious than gold.  So instead, while our little possum has a brief afternoon nap, I'm doing an abbreviated version inspired by Gaby, Pip and Katie

Life right now is wonderful, busy, messy and exciting.  Our recent adventures included a whole family visit to the beach for an afternoon dog walk and a trip to Ben's parents home for a family lunch and chance for Tallow to meet her cousins. 

We've finally discovered the brilliance of buying groceries online.  Hooray for supermarket shopping in your pajamas!

I'm more excited about Christmas than I've been since I was little.  I'm longing to buy a proper Christmas tree, get crafty and make some sweet decorations and get right into the Christmas spirit.

Silly me decided to swap all the rooms in the house around, so we had more space in our living room for play time.  This meant moving three rooms and using the smallest room as our bedroom.  So right now, the house looks like we've just moved in and we only have about half a metre between the end of the bed and our wardrobe. But hey, it's all worked out pretty well and I can't wait to spend afternoons hanging out with Tallow in our new lovely living room (previously the bedroom).  

So it seems nesting doesn't just stop after pregnancy and every free moment I'm dreaming of our one day dream home and this week I'm taking inspiration from this beautiful space.

I also can't wait to get back to work on our caravan, Asher.  It's been nearly two years since we first found her in Mildura and she is long overdue for the first part of her makeover.  But first I need to decide on colours!

I'm currently reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Living Juicy by SARK and numerous lovely picture books.  I'm also enjoying the latest Real Living magazine and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the Inside Out Christmas special (always a favourite). 

 I'm currently watching Heston's In Search for Perfection series (who knew making the perfect pizza would be so complicated!). I'm a big fan of Heston and am just a little bit excited to have stashed away one of his Christmas puddings already (told you I'm feeling the Christmas vibe already). 

I'm looking forward to getting back into the Wilde Asher studio a few days a week.  It's been a little while and I'm itching to get creating again and am full of ideas for our Summer collection.  I also can't wait to get out and about to do a few local markets over the summer.  

I'm rediscovering my journal after some weeks away from writing and I'm loving every moment of scribbling down plans, dreams and ideas.  Having it handy between feeding, rocking, changing and wandering the house at strange hours of the night is wonderfully soul nourishing.  

What's happening in your life right now? 
Hope your enjoying a beautiful weekend! 

Much Love
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious balance of lovely things. Hoping there is a nana nap in there now and again too ;) I am so thrilled your world is bringing you so much joy lovely friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds glorious to me and doesn't sound all that dissimilar from what is happening here at my place. The juggle of the three (Fraser is 11 weeks this coming Tuesday) has stepped up a notch in the last few weeks. It's funny though that despite all theses little people needing me and all life's other requirements of me, I keep being inspired and dreamy about my drams and goals. People ask but how can I be. It's hard to make others understand that when something has been a part of our soul and core for such along time, that desk time constraints, you just make it happen.

    Wishing you all the best coming into Summer and you know I especially will be looking forward to hearing about any markets you're doing.

    Keep up the wonderful precious job you're doing with wee Tallow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie, I'm so glad you are still able to find time to blog regularly. Your pics and comments are always so beautiful. I loved your inspiration link. Have you seen this one? There's just something about caravans!
    http://frommoontomoon.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/the-botanical-home-of-musician-mileece.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds lovely!baby moon love time is the best.christmas became so special, magical, crafty and nostalgic for me since i had kids too.they are 7 and 3 mow, and its still like that each and every year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, reading this takes me right back to newborn baby days... and our baby is only 7 months old! Enjoy these days, they change so fast. Happy journaling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x