Sunday, 25 August 2013

Choose Your Own Adventure: Our Precious Cargo..

The countdown is on, the bags are packed, the lists have been double checked and we just can't wait to meet our most precious cargo. The last few months seem to have passed by so quickly and with September just around the corner, all of a sudden the months have now become a matter of weeks.  As we write our birth preferences, finishing last minute projects around our nest and find ourselves chatting about birth books before bed, we know our little adventurer isn't too far away.   

Over the past few weekends we have been busily preparing for our new arrival, visiting baby stores, thrift shops and markets looking for the finishing touches to the nursery and making sure everything is ready to go.  We've been so lucky to be able to drive the fabulous Ford Focus Titanium around the Sunshine Coast thanks to Ford and Kidspot* and we couldn't have asked for any better weather to enjoy this special time together.  With the sunroof open and the sea breeze gently blowing, we have driven many a trip down the Sunshine Motorway playing our little adventurer some of our favourite tunes and chatting excitedly about the coming weeks and months. 

Creating the nursery has been one of my very favourite projects and each day as I potter around, finding the perfect spots for the special bits and pieces we've lovingly found and collected over the years, it's quickly becoming my favourite room in our home.  I can't wait to take you on a room tour soon!

While many of the pieces in the nursery are second hand, including the change table and vintage chair, we knew we wanted to purchase a new cot.  Only there was one little problem.. it seemed everyone else wanted the same one we did. We'd been really lucky with our pram and car seat which we were able to pick up straight away, so we thought the same would apply with the cot. Not quite.. and with an eight week wait, we needed a plan B.  Thanks to Ben's patience, some sweet shop assistants and a little running around (thank goodness for the Ford's super comfortable seats and lovely air conditioning), we found the perfect cot at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon.  As we drove to pick it up, I spent the whole trip wondering how on earth we were going to fit the cot and mattress in the back of car and as Ben was lifting it in, I said a little prayer or two (this mumma really wanted to get the cot set up before the weekend was over).  I turned around and sure enough, with inches to spare, the cot box lay perfectly in the boot as if made to measure.  Hooray for small cars with amazing storage space!   

So the cot is set up, the change table freshly painted and the onesies washed and ready.. we've even taken the pram for a test drive. 

Yes indeed, I think it's safe to say, I'm a bundle of excitement, with a touch of nerves thrown in for good measure.  This little adventurer of ours truly is a miracle in our lives and no words can ever really describe how blessed we are to be given this opportunity so soon.  We are loving every moment, in awe of every little kick and hiccup and ready to embark on this new stage of our lives with our very precious cargo. 

Much Love
xxx

*Thanks to Ford and Kidspot I'm delighted to be taking part in the Voices of 2013 - Ford Choose Your Own Adventure Challenge. This is the second of three blog posts I'll be sharing about our pre baby adventures featuring the black Ford Focus Titanium.  You can read all about our first adventure, a Babymoon Roadtrip over here

14 comments:

  1. Good for you Sophie...such a special and exciting time. I adore your nursery. My eldest daughter is now almost 7 and her birthday is on the 24th September. It is a great month to have a baby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, I'm just adoring having a September bub, seems like the perfect time of year. x

      Delete
  2. The last minute nesting is such a beautiful time! It sounds like you and Ben are having some lovely times together. I can't believe your little one is coming soon. We hope to come up in a few weeks to visit. Hope all is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are such a sweetie! Hasn't the year just flown by! Can't wait to see you. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Sophie, good luck, and enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels so much more real when you've got everything ready. Now, the baby can come. *Sigh* Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful time, where you are right now.

    I had my one and only at forty, a little surprise but I was going to enjoy him, and I did. We did.

    I wish you every happiness and joy.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the most exciting time that's for sure and your nursery looks so warm and cozy with lots of love thrown in for good measure. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have it all under control, not too long now I hope! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm certainly learning the art of patience and enjoying the slow days. xx

      Delete
  8. Oh such happiness........the time for a new wee person in the world is getting close.
    So so happy for you and waiting to see the wonderful post that says poppet is here.
    LoveV

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeeeeeeeeee! So soon! SO so so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures of your little pride and joy soon!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pics! I love your bassinet quilt & I love the pic of your car choc-full of baby things! I'm having a baby a month after you, so I'm looking forward to hearing all about your baby adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog since I've been starting to make some sustainable changes in my own life! And I just wanted to say, from one mother to another, congratulations! You're about to meet the love of your life, and your nursery looks just darling. So many good wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x