Thursday, 4 July 2013

What are you Making?

My, how these winter days pass by so quickly.  With my trusty to do list in hand each morning (baby brain seems to be getting the better of my once organised thinking), I potter about, spending time on the essentials, embracing my inner domestic goddess, while still finding boxes waiting to be unpacked and books longing for a shelf to call home.  I'm so grateful for this quiet time to create our home, to nest and prepare for the months ahead.  It's the first time in my life I've ever been at home during the week and it's a time I am truly cherishing.  It seems though, as the sun has set on the days this week, some of my more fanciful to do's haven't quite come to fruition.  I've finally found my beloved sewing machine and can't wait to make a few new cushion covers from some lovely vintage fabric and I'm also longing to back into some wintery crochet creation for my little one (if only I could locate the project I started). Also on my crafty list, a few little DIYs for the nursery and some macrame pot holders for our back deck. In the meantime, while I enjoy the early morning winter sunshine, I meander through inspiring magazines and spend a few moments amongst the pages of my journal, embracing the beauty of the quiet everyday moments for just a little while longer. 

I'd love to know what you've been making lately and what's been inspiring your creative world.
Much Love
xxx

PS. I stumbled upon this fabulous Loopy Mango giant ball of yarn at Seasonal Concepts while on Saturday's wandering day.  Looking forward to sharing more photos and stories from our day very soon.     

10 comments:

  1. Making? Nothing yet. But I just saved two little pixie hat patterns for my littlest. Can't wait to start click clacking my needles again. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. for us is summer, which mean time to re-decorate the house, so i'm making tissue paper flowers for my bedroom, and a piece of art with a picture of my mom and me for the living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making carnival parties and wondering about cliches and why things are often done a certain way when really another way is nicer. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. With about six weeks left to go myself I think I've left major projects too late to ensure I have motivation and time to see them through. But it hasn't stopped creative thoughts altogether. I recently bought a 1970's comic strip version of the bible it has bright coloured retro imagery and I have been teaching my four year old son how to make those paper fortune teller games we made as kids, I'm inspired to sit and make some from the pages of this comic strip bible which is a little worse for wear and longing for respectful paper craft ideas.

    As for woolie and yarnie creativeness, I don't possess the necessary skills to take on such lovely projects but I have plenty of friends who do with little cottage and WAHM businesses. So there are certainly some sweet delights coming up to show off on the blog, because they're just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is beautifully wonderful
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An embroidery of the night sky on navy linen pillowcases. I'm really enjoying it as for some reason i don't feel the urge to rush it between baby tendings x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have a go at some macrame pot holders too, I've been making lots of cushions lately, it's summer here so trying not to sew all the time! can't wait to see what you make for your nursery x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this time of year...the cooler weather keeps me in more and i tend to feel a bit more creative!ive been knitting baby booties, crocheting bows,amd lots and lots of paper craft too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to finish a couple of scarves I first started knitting around two years ago! One is a charcoal coloured cowl in a thick yarn (can't remember the ply) and the other is a blue scarf in a much thinner and softer yarn (again haven't got the details to hand).

    I have to learn how to properly cast on and off and I've found a couple of good tutorials on YouTube, so my confidence has been boosted. I'd love to have them both done and dusted before school goes back, which will allow me to purchase some more yarn and start another one! I've a hankering for a nice, chunky mustard coloured cowl.

    If I get them done I'll have to do a blog post on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheese! Aaaarrrgghhh!! I know I can do it. Don't give up yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x