Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Weekend Adventures..

Last weekend was one of those amazing winter weekends that I'd forever dreamed about while living in Victoria.  More like a wonderful early beginning to Spring, the weather was simply divine and begged for some lovely outdoor adventures.  Fortuitously there were indeed some lovely places to explore, so we ventured out to The Garden Expo and Finders Keepers, to drink up the warm winter sunshine, gather some exciting ideas, meet up with some wonderful folk and of course, enjoy some yummy treats too.

Saturday - The Garden Expo

It was my first time at The Garden Show in Nambour and I was so delighted by the fast array of activity and relaxed atmosphere.  We spent the afternoon meandering through the stalls and exhibitors, dreaming up ideas and making exciting plans. While Ben was all about the tools and boys toys, I just adored the giant kitchen garden and was filled with inspiration to create something very special on our new little piece of earth.  Enchanted by all things of yesteryear, I just adored this herbal apothecary and the charming children's veggie gardens we just too cute (we are already planning one the garden!)  If you are ever up on the Sunshine Coast during this time of year, The Garden Show is a fabulous day out. 

Sunday - Finders Keepers

 
Sunday saw us potter down the Coast to Brisbane for the Winter Finders Keepers.  And with such beautiful weather, it was a most splendid occasion to wander the stalls, catch up with some fabulous friends, enjoy lunch in the beautiful gardens and check out the lovely array of wares on offer (of course I kept heading straight for the adorable baby delights).  A few of my favourites this year included, the fabulous Frankie who looked ever at home filled with gorgeous wares outside The Old Museum, Skeleton Leaf florist and their delightful bouquets, the sweet fabrics at Yardage DesignSconnie and Jam's new wooden wall quilts and Kim Wallace's gorgeous ceramics.  And of course I couldn't resist some lovely Bespoke Press wrapping paper for the nursery walls.  Now I can't wait for the Spring/Summer market, especially because I'll have a gorgeous little person to buy handmade Christmas presents for!

What did you get up to over the weekend? 
Much Love
xxx

7 comments:

  1. How beautiful!
    Looks like we had similar weather here in Sydney too, so am glad you got out and enjoyed it!

    Wonderful photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden expo looks great, will have to put that in the diary for next year. on the 20th and 21st July the "Regional Flavours" is on at Southbank Little Stanley Street area which I have taken my kids for the last 2 years. It features regional produce, sweets, wines, honey, sustainable gardens etc. so we are looking forward to that. Last year we bought some of the BEST organic bacon we have ever eaten. It's a lovely morning for us in the winters sun. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to of made it to Finders Keepers, a lovely school friend of mine who is an uber talented sweetie had her first stall at Finders Keepers.

    Unfortunately this past weekend stopped me from any such outings, as a little hospital stay was warranted for a few hours. But all is well and I think I might have some little reserves left for an outing here and there before bubs arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear everything is well Trudie. Thinking of you xx

      Delete
  4. The seed packaging is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pictures, very inspiring*
    my weekend was visiting the glamour city Lyon in France, recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marta, that sounds like an amazing weekend indeed! Lyon is definitely on my to visit list. x

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x