Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Weekend Adventures.. Peregian Beach Markets

Sunday mornings on the Sunshine Coast just seem to be made for market wandering and we are very blessed to live just five minutes up the road from the gorgeous Peregian Beach Markets.  Sunday was the most perfect winter weather for these beachside markets which are filled with local artisans, vintage treasures and unexpected delights.  The salty sea air infused with the sweet aroma of homemade chai and fresh herbs perfectly captures the essence of the beautiful community spirit and creative energy of this fortnightly marketplace. 

A few of my favourite stalls included, the gorgeous summer dresses at Knickerbocker Bloom,  Nanna's Lovely Linen for vintage delights and lovely array of herbs and seedlings at Ian's Herbs.  And it was hard to miss the beautifully enchanting gypsy wagon and beautiful handmade clothing created by The Velvet Wren. Such a magical stall, I can't wait to pop back very soon to find the perfect Spring skirt. 

After a wander and a chat to some of the lovely stallholders, we headed across the road for a spot of brunch at the fabulous Raw Energy and to check out a few surfboards. If this weather is anything to go by, I think we'll be spending our whole summer at the beach.. and I can't wait!

If you're heading up to the Sunshine Coast, be sure to pop into the gorgeous hidden treasure of Peregian Beach, especially then the markets are on (1st and 3rd Sunday of every month).  Such a lovely way to spend enjoy the weekend.

Much Love
xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love markets and when you can enjoy them in the sunshine with good food, its even better. I love the woven baskets xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. heaven! can't wait for your summer adventures!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it there too - I try to go every time we visit my folks. Lovely to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love peregian beach, that little square of shops with the grassy park in the middle, was my favourite place to stay pre kids. Now we are tend to hit moffat beach instead as it has everything for little kids. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The market look like so much fun and so beautiful- I hope I get to visit someday! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, all these beautiful colors and prints!! The dresses are absolutely beautiful and cheerful! Love all these snapshots Sophie, and you look even more beautiful day after day!
    Love
    Melodie
    http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Perigian Beach! The markets are fantastic with the ocean as the backdrop. Big sis use to have a stall and I loved driving up from Brisbane to visit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x