Thursday, 18 July 2013

Secondhand Maternity Style - 30 Weeks..

 Dress: Borrowed from my mum's fabulous wardrobe  Jacket: Thrifted
Tights: Target  Boots: Rivers
Brooch: Vintage

 Oh what fun it is to find something to wear out to your own birthday celebrations when your in your 30 weeks pregnant and your current idea of a lovely night in is your husband cooking, crocheting baby goodies on the couch and going to bed before 9pm.  With some love and persuasion from my beautiful family and a little afternoon of playing dress ups, the solution was this fun retro inspired dress teamed with my favourite boots and trusty black jacket.  My gorgeous sister snapped a few photos before we headed out to my new favourite dinner spot, Mooshka at Sunshine Beach followed by a wonderful evening of jazz performed by none other than my sister and brother in-law's fabulous band, Big Kitty. It was such a great night, with lovely company and even a spot of dancing. I think our little bubba already loves a bit of good old jazz!

This week it's back to quiet nights in, reading baby books, watching cooking shows and family snuggles on the couch. Good times!

Much Love
xxx

12 comments:

  1. oh man i went to bed sooooo early when i was pregnant, enjoy it! happy birthday sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this outfit!! You look amazing, Sophie. I love your blog and the love for life that shines through your writing.
    All the best for these last few weeks - that is one lucky baby in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! My hubby has a huge work christmas party every year with 500 people and a dress up theme. When I was pregnant with my second child the party fell when I was 38 weeks pregnant and the theme was DISCO! Yep, gold lurex, massive heels and a ginormous belly. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a thrifty buy. You looks fabulous, and that sounds like the perfect night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday...lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely look! Happy birthday - mine was yesterday, 17 July - was that yours as well? Much love to you with your new baby!
    PS I am Tyson's mum :o

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful! Love that print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, you're looking great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that you had an absolutely amazing birthday! You look so great - that brooch is adorable! And your sister did a great job with these shots - so cute!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Happy Happy birthday Sweet!!!!!!! You truly look so very beautifully pregnant.
    I hope you have the most gorgeous weekend.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Jarvis is now 19months and a good night to be is still snuggles on the couch. Glad you had a great night out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday Sophie - you look just lovely! The pattern on the dress is great and it sounds like it was well worth the effort to go out and enjoy yourself xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x