Sunday, 23 June 2013

Secondhand Maternity Style - 27 Weeks..

Dress: Thrifted  Shirt: Cotton On
Scarf: Market find  Belt & Tights: Kmart
Boots: Rivers

Wow, the last few weeks have just flown by! I'm 27 weeks today and can't believe how fast my third trimester has come around.  It's such an exciting time for us, as we begin to get settled into our little home, explore the area, meet with our new midwife and get started on some delightful nesting. I think the countdown is on!

 The winter days here on the Sunshine Coast have almost been too lovely for scarves and boots, but  a little wander to the beach in the late afternoon requires a few extra layers and I'm loving rediscovering my much loved brown boots and pashminas. Thank goodness for soft jersey fabric and my faithful chambray shirt which has become one of my must have maternity wardrobe staples.  And to all the gorgeous mamas out there, what were your maternity staples? As I peer into my wardrobe and begin to get a bit creative with my everyday clothes, I'd love to hear what favourites got your through your third trimester. 

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead! Have you got anything lovely planned? I'm packing my bag and taking a little weekend trip to Sydney on Friday and I am beyond excited! My dear friend Steph and I are off on an adventure to join Jodi, Gaby and Luisa on a fabulous day of wandering with the gorgeous and ever inspiring Pia Jane Bijkerk.  It's sure to be an unforgettable celebration of everyday beauty. 

Much Love
xxx

7 comments:

  1. You look AMAZING! Love your vintage style, and the third trimester is very exciting! I hope it all goes well. Looking forward to you baby posts! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to meet you and your belly next weekend! as for my maternity staples: billowy dresses, maxi skirts, leggings with long tops and yoga clothes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd trimester, that has gone quick :), have a lovely weekend in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous and more importantly comfortable! Enjoy Sydney I hope the sun shines for you it is freezing and wet here in Perth :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look loverly! I have an excited week planned on my BICYCLE! It was packed up for 2 years whilst we were living in S. Korea but we've recently moved to Hawaii, put its wheels back on and I am ready to take this island by bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya, my thrid trimesters were all about stretchy dresses!amazing how many i found in op shops.u just get to a point when the 'maternity pants' dont really fit anymore, so dresses were the way to go for me, also helping me hold onto a thread of prettiness and girliness when in fact i felt nothing but...especially by 42 weeks...both times!augh!u are a very gorgeous pregnant mama x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x