Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Eumundi Adventures..

 Nestled in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, surrounded by forest and fig trees, the little town of Eumundi was our number one stop on our first weekend as new residents of this beautiful part of Queensland.  The famous Eumundi markets was our first destination, followed by a wander down the main street for bunch and to explore the gorgeous nooks and shops. Blessed with perfect winter sunshine we spent the morning fossicking artisan treasures, meeting talented local artists and listening to some amazing live music.  

Highlights from our adventure included, pottering in Berkelouw Bookshop, Jon Schultz's rockstars on canvas, the soulful sounds of Oka, Boom Shankar's delightful dresses, Ben's impromptu jam session on one the the amazing cigar box guitars from Bottleneck Blues and brunch at the gorgeous Bohemian Bungalow.  

I haven't been to Eumundi for many years and I was so delighted to find the atmosphere as wonderfully enchanting as I remembered from my childhood.  It's so exciting to think it's now only half an hour away and is sure to become one of favourite weekend adventures. 

What lovely parts of the world have you been exploring of late?
Much Love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love Eumundi - aways so green and inviting and yummy food.
    I was thinking of going to the Wednesday markets tomorrow as I'm on the lookout for some souvenirs to take on our imminent trip to the US. It's a bit hard to find anything beyond the usual made in China stuff in the shops. Did you see anything that might suit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful, inspiring place. What a lovely bump picture, you must be getting so excited!
    I've been exploring the new area we are moving to. I live in Bristol in the west of England and am moving down to beautiful, leafy, quiet Somerset, full of country walks, farm shops and markets, and cute villages galore! I can't wait xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of Eumundi but have never been. I Love places like these tucked away. We like heading further south to an Art Deco town. It has great antique stores and great coffee shops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend you look to of had. The book store reminds me of an second hand/antique book shop on the Gold Coast which is a treasure trove of amazing reads and nooks and crannies hiding all sorts of amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just down the road from me. Don't go there often em

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! Such a creative and colourful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada. We need a break so plan to drive to Washington State in the USA in a couple of weeks for a getaway. Your hubby is really a very handsome man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Eumndi Markets. Years ago my sister had a stall there so we went all of the time. But it has been about a year since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i have always wanted to go to eumundi. we have a bread board from there...that's as close as i've gotten so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you discovered Palmwoods The Lane yet? https://www.facebook.com/thelaneatpalmwoods

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x