Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Do What You Can..


This morning I had one of those mornings.  I'm not quite sure how it began, I have a feeling it might of had something to do with reading the news about the new Budget or perhaps it was just pregnancy hormones. Whatever the case, I had got myself in a right flap.  Sometimes I'm a can be an emotional little Cancerian soul and over the years have found ways to move quickly through my teary, crabby moments.  Listening to a fabulous song, watering the garden, having a cup of tea or even spending a few moments on Pinterest can usually do the trick, but this morning the bee was firmly stuck in my bonnet.  

 All of a sudden I felt totally overwhelmed and unprepared for the arrival of our little bubba, even though I have a few good months up my sleeve.  We're not moving into our new nest until next month and as I began to think of all the things I wanted to do, needed to gather and dreamed of creating for our new space, my nesting nature went into overdrive and the state of limbo I'd been experiencing, engulfed my thoughts.   

I sat down at the computer to try and take my mind off things and it only seemed to make matters worse.  Pinterest was flooded with beautiful homes and nurseries, lovely things to make and buy, leaving me feeling even more upset, like somehow I wasn't doing enough for my little adventurer.  As I exited Pinterest in a huff, I remembered this quote. 

The most lovely and humbling reminder, to do what you can, for right now.  So, with a newfound sense of enthusiasm and inspired by my gorgeous friend Gabby, I retrieved my yarn stash and found a lovely and simple baby blanket pattern to begin making.   

I thought I'd share my 'little bee in my bonnet story' with you, in case you've had one of those 'feeling overwhelmed' moments lately too.  I love being reminded by a simple few words, to see a frustrating situation from a new perspective. 

Wishing you a lovely and inspiring Wednesday.
Much Love
xxx

12 comments:

  1. i too am a cancerian and totally understand this feeling that suddenly seems to take over every thought in your head ...
    i shall hold this quote close - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That feeling is ever too common for me. I was so anxious awaiting the birth of Ba'il because we were moving from Lockhart to Cairns and having to set up house.... I think it actually contributed to the tremendously long birth I had with Ba'il. This time I'm anxious because I have no idea where I'm actually going to give birth or if our top shed will be ready in time to be our temporary nest so we can be close to family after the birth. I find myself worrying about all those things you spoke of also, however this time we have sworn to keep it simple and not to get worked up with the detail like we did last time. We won't set up a nursery until the baby is ready to move out of our room, I will reuse Ba'il's baby clothes, we will make the most of what we have and do without the things we don't have. We will keep it simple. It's easy to get so caught up in the material world of how perfect us perfectionists envision everything to be but remember you already have everything you need. Your baby, your health and Benny boy. Everything else will sort itself out in it's own good time honey. Right now the stress of nursery colour schemes are nothing compared to the big beautiful picture xoxox wish I could give you a big hug xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had those feelings when I was a 'mum to be'. Your bubba will be much loved so don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know those feelings all too well lovely! Such an inspiring quote. And you, such an inspiring soul x

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 I know this feeling, and as a Leo with extreme OCD, and anxiety and Bipolar, my moods change quickly, especially when something spurs on a negative, or positive, emotion. Thank you for sharing this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. My baby girl came 5 weeks early and I was totally unprepared! I was just extremely lucky that she came 5 weeks early, and not 6 as exactly one week after my baby shower she came! My daughter has been here for almost a month and I still haven't put together her nursery and made it all pinterest cute. So make sure you get the bulk of your things prepared in case you go early because its super stressful being unprepared! Also pack your hospital bag asap!

    Lauren
    tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any kids yet, but I can imagine the stress that comes along with preparing. My husband seems to think that we should just start trying when in reality there is so much planning to be had!! It's easy to get overwhelmed, but I'm glad that you are feeling better now. "Baby steps" as they say. :) Hopefully sitting down and making a blanket for your little one will be a calming time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i hear you lovely! i went into meltdown central the other day. when, where and how will i get a job? oh my, i cried, a lot. i worried, a lot. but with a little reassurance from the boy, support from my family and a little bike ride out and about...i was back on track. life isn't easy, why would we want it to be, these experiences show us what we are capable of and who we really are. and you my friend, are amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate so much to that limbo feeling! When we brought this house I was pregnant with Emerson and we were living with Dave's family. We had already been staying with them a couple of months before we brought the house, then we had to wait for it to settle, then we had to get some of the renovations out of the way before we could move in. All I wanted to do was nest! I got to work knitting a blanket too! The joy once we moved in though made it all worthwhile. And now, nearly two years later, our house is more and more our home with each new memory and project.

    I hope the wait won't be too long. Wishing you all the best and congratulations on the Heart Handmade UK feature! Seeing that pop up in my reader brought a huge smile to my face.

    PS. Are you coming to Thea and Sami's morning tea at Capalaba next week? The little ones and I will be there. Would love to meet you!
    http://theaandsami.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/our-biggest-morning-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those baby hormones racing around your body can make you a blubbering mess. The nice thing is you have found a place to live and starting the baby blanket will be a great distraction. My kids are now 9 and 7 and we were living in Melbourne and the nursery was just a room with a cot as we were moving 6 months later then my daughter was born we were back in Brisbane and her room was pretty plain as well. I didn't know about blogs and Pinterest to give you so much good ideas so I have totally missed the boat on a cute nursery for both my kids. All I did was have white furniture which is what I wanted so hang in there, put your feet up and get knitting. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a fellow Cancerian I have these moments too.
    I find that list making can be helpful. Writing the ideas and jobs down helps clear them from my mind and know that I wont forget them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this feeling all too well lovely! I think it's my perfectionist nature. This quote is well worth tucking away and remembering. Just remember that with you and Ben by their side, your little adventurer has everything they need. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x