Monday, 25 March 2013

Weekend Adventures - A Kindred Spirit Outing

On Saturday I set off, wearing one of my favourite vintage dresses, on my first kindred spirit adventure, with the gorgeous Steph from This Brown Wren.  Together we navigated the streets of Brisbane to find some of the most delightful Saturday destinations and share some of our favourite spots to enjoy the weekend. 

Our first stop just had to be to the Jan Powers Farmers Markets to visit the fabulous Kara, Tim and Frankie the caravan and fossick through the beautiful travelling wares. Needless to say we both came away with gorgeous treasures and can't wait for our next visit. 

After wandering the rest of the markets, it was time for a chat and morning tea at the fabulously charming Cafe Bouquinste in New Farm.  

From there our plan was to head towards Woolloongabba and on the way we took a couple of wonderfully colours detours.  The first was to the enchanting Black & Spiro, where Steph and I could really have spent the entire afternoon. What an amazing treasure trove!   

We then headed to Tangled Yarns to check out the most beautiful yarn in town and discuss exciting Autumn projects. It is such a feast for the senses!

An adventure for two vintage loving girls would not have been complete without a trip to Woolloongabba Antique Centre, for a little vintage inspiration before stopping by Spoon in Paddington for lunch and an endlessly inspiring conversation about creative and sustainable living.  

And my purchases for the day.. A charming little motar and lovely bundt tin from Kara's Travelling Wares and some sweet thifted books full of lovely written notes (there was a quick stop into Vinnies on the way to Tangled Yarns). 

With an idea of how much many passions Steph and I shared, I knew I was in for a wonderful day.   It was when I was sharing snippets of my day with Ben, telling tales of my seven hours of magical fossicking, rummaging, photographing, chatting and giggling, that I began to truly appreciate the importance of this remarkable blogging community and it's ability to bring people together.  And the icing on the cake is, I have met a wonderful kindred spirit and life long friend.  

Here's to a delightful week! 
Much Love
xxx

14 comments:

  1. The cafe looks like my kind of place x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely when you meet someone who embraces the same ethos you do. Blogging friends are the best especially when It's such a surprise when you connect. Great photos and I'd love a couple of those quilts + a hour reading in the cafe. Sounds like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a brilliant day, some of those shop interiors look amazing. Would love to visit!

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! And I love how that first picture matches your blog so perfectly<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like u had a perfect day!

    mezz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your glorious weekend! A far cry from snowy England! Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a truly magical day. There is just something about finding and connecting with some of these gorgeous souls in the blogging community. It such a beautiful gift to be able to connect with like minded people in such a unique way but yet so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twas a rare and utterly perfect day lovely friend! I enjoyed every second of our outing and neverending chats. I so look forward to exploring this beautiful city with you. Wishing you a gentle and bright week full of cups of tea, fossicked treasures and the written word :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely day - I just love the look of those two colorful umbrellas hanging upside down. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the colours Sophie! Looks like you had a lovely Saturday :)
    xx Allison

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to spend the day! So glad that you both had a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, gorgeous images and a lovely blog. Thank you so much for stopping by my mine and leaving your beautiful words, Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. how beautiful meeting someone like this from blogland and spending such a gorgeous day together. thanks for sharing sophie. gorgeous images as usual x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x