Monday, 18 March 2013

Weekend Adventures.. Byron Bay Love

The weather yesterday was perfect.. and after so many overcast and rainy weekends over the past few months there was only one way to celebrate this gorgeous Sunday.. with a little trip to Byron Bay.  On the to do list.. Bruch at The Roadhouse, a visit to the beautiful new Spell & the Gypsy Collective boutique and a long awaited ocean swim.  One of my favourite ways to spend a Sunday.

As we drove into Byron, we noticed the streets lined with amazing purple blossoms.  With Bluesfest just a few weeks away, I think even the trees are getting ready to party.

Our first stop was at The Roadhouse for brunch.. It's such a great little cafe, the food is just amazing and who doesn't love tea served with a perfectly kitsch souvenir spoon.  (I'm drinking Earl Grey tea, it looks strangely red as we were sitting under a red umbrella)

Brunch was followed by a little wander around the Byron streets and my first stop just had to be the new Spell shop. Brimming with bohemian delights, I filled my dream wish list very quickly with gorgeous pieces.  On the top of my list.. This dreamy castaway skirt and this tribal tassel bag.

Next we popped into AHOY to check out the amazing artworks by shop owner Jai Vasicek, along with a wonderful array of Bonnie & Neil and Pony Rider cushions.  One of my new Byron favourites!  

And a trip to Byron would not be complete without a little play in Three Worlds.  Needless to say between Ben and I we nearly came home with a new ukulele, a miniature accordion, a spiral didgeridoo and a collapsible hula hoop. Not to mention this gorgeous rainbow hammock which is definitely on my wish list for our new home.  

We ventured a little further north to Brunswick Heads for a swim and on the way found our perfect next getaway in a beautiful hand crafted teepee. 

Another happy discovery on our adventure was resould, a delightful little vintage emporium in Brunswick Heads.  Full of amazing retro wares, mid century furniture, fabulous vintage fabric cushions and lampshades, it was heaven for this vintage lover. 

We finished off our day with a wander by the Brunswick River, a beautiful ocean swim and a beach fossick.  There really is no better way to enjoy a perfect kind of Sunday.

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend too!
And here's to a fabulous and inspiring week.

Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. That really is a perfect Sunday......it made my little heart sing seeing all the lovely vintage treasures!!!!
    love V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the teepees! How sweet!!
    http://liberatedbylkc.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how envious I am that you've been able to visit the Spell store in person, I've long been an obsessive lover of their of their Tumblr feed. There are very few things I WOULDN'T want from their collections!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so excited! I live in the states, but I spent the summer (winter there) in Brisbane a few years ago and got to spend my birthday at Byron Bay - soo amazingly beautiful. I don't know if I caught any of these places while I was there (obviously not the Spell store) but it makes me nostalgic to read about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sunday! That little vintage shop looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delightful day! I year for some fun vintage shopping, perhaps a little jaunt today? Byron Bay is absolutely stunning, we were there on our honeymoon 4 years ago and long to return someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an amazing day. That vintage shop is full of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the roadhouse! Been following them on instagram and it looks so goood and can't wait to visit the new spell store!
    http://ecobirdstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x