Thursday, 21 March 2013

Secondhand Style - Sunflowers & Peaches

Top: Sunny Girl (2012) Skirt: Kmart (2012) Cardigan: Thrifted 
Brooch: Vintage Shoes: Rivers

I adore a cute peter pan collar, so when I found this Sunny Girl top last year I just couldn't leave it behind.. because really, who could resist a peachy blouse with three collars.  But you know what, I was never quite sure what to pair it with.  At the time it didn't seem to match a anything in my wardrobe, so my lovely little peachy top, hung on the rack until about a month ago.. when to my surprise it paired itself ever so nicely with my 'super bargain wear all the time' floral skirt.  Now it's one of my favourite fortuitous outfits.  Lesson learnt.. Play with your clothes, try different things together, you just never know when something might be a perfect match. 

And hooray, finally it's nearly cardigan weather, well it was momentarily yesterday afternoon while we took photos in between rain showers. Thank goodness for matching oversized umbrellas.  They just make life feel like a scene from Mary Poppins, at least for a moment anyway.

I hope you're week has been splendid so far!
Much Love
xxx

16 comments:

  1. Aww I love the color scheme of this outfit and your shirt is adorable! Nice to have a reprieve from the rain :)

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous outfit. Love the colors.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flowy skirts! I can't wait until we get spring weather here!

    Sar=)

    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty blouse!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a gorgeous outfit. I love anything peachy! and the collar on that top is immense - I think the 3 layer element makes it a bit more of a grown-up Peter Pan collar. This is going in my bank of things to try and re-create when I get my sewing machine out!
    Thanks :) Sarah x

    http://avoir-la-peche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! Loving the peachy top especially - that collar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the collar,in fact the whole outfit! i have the same vintage brooch as yours-except mine is blue!

    mezz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! This reminds me of Alabama a lot :)
    I love your style and photography

    Come check it out
    http://thelostheritage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your umbrella matches your outfit perfectly too! Sometimes an umbrella is the best accessory (especially when it comes in handy for sudden showers!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that collar, and the skirt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this whole outfit! Beautiful patterns and colours - the shoes are awesome - and that peter pan collar is just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look oh so lovely! I love anything with a collar! And I agree, playing with clothes makes dressing up so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Peter Pan collar, and love your style. Just found you via Mira Narnie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute blouse, and the color looks gorgeous on you!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! That top and those shoes, amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x