Thursday, 7 March 2013

Secondhand Style - Autumn's Arrival

Skirt: Vintage - Thrifted Top: Kmart (2012) Shirt: Cotton On (2012)
Shoes: Rivers  Brooch: Vintage Sunglasses: Wilde Asher 

A change is in the air.. a very beautiful change indeed! Now don't quote me on it just yet, but I feel like Autumn is arriving right one time and I couldn't be more excited!  I'm so delighted to be able to wear a few more layers and some of my favourite vintage pieces, that just aren't meant for a Queensland summer. I almost jumped for joy this morning at the very thought of finally being able to wear one of my favourite vintage skirts, which will become a wardrobe staple over the coming months.  It's the little things, you see.. and since I'm working on simplifying and reworking my current wardrobe and not buying anything new, adding a few different pieces to the everyday mix feels like Christmas.  Now I'm really looking forward to light scarf and boots weather and some more lovely sunny Autumn afternoons.   

What are you looking forward to right now?
Much Love
xxx

PS. We took these photos this afternoon, down the road at one of our favourite Brisbane spots, the Northey City Farm.  It's such an inspiring place, full of beautiful fresh produce, delightful little buildings and plenty of happy chickens. The Sunday markets are always wonderful too and are definitely worth checking out.   

8 comments:

  1. lovely vintage skirt...and awesome sunnies! looks like a great spot..

    mezz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is absolutely beautiful, Sophie. The colour, the sheen... lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Autumn and all you delicious not too cold not too hot days! What a beautiful oufit and no wonder you jumped for joy with that skirt...just beautiful! Northey Street markets are a favourite here too. Hope all is lovely x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice look, the colours work really well together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you look so very pretty in that gorgeous skirt, I can see why it is a favourite.
    Hmmm I am feeling the shift in season too, my vintage knit cardigans are calling.
    I just love the wooden tables and chairs at the city farm.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is so adorable! Yay for autumn weather! I know that I am desperately waiting for some spring weather. :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whole outfit - but the colour of that skirt! Divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty combo, Sophie! The brooch and sunnies are fab. I've been out of blogland for ages but you are still inspiring. Best wishes on your QLD adventures! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x