Thursday, 28 March 2013

Happy 5th Birthday little Blog..

Five years ago today.. I wrote my first ever blog post.  The only people that read it were my mum and my grandmother.  I'd just moved to a new town, in a new state and was finding my feet and creativity away from family and friends.  And so began Her Library Adventures.. a little blog that wears it's heart on it's sleeve and who much like it's owner has been transformed greatly by this beautiful blogging world since it's humble beginnings those five years ago. 

Funnily enough, now that I stop and think about it, this little blog resembles those early days, more now than ever before.  As I once again find myself in a new city, finding my feet, this time surrounded by those I love.  I'm once again revelling in the simple things, the everyday beauty and I feel so blessed that I am able to share those moments with amazing people who care about those simple pleasures as much as I do.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for supporting me through this journey, especially over the last seven months.  In August a part of me thought that I would never find the courage to write again and it was through your comments, emails, beautiful words and amazing community that I was able to find my voice and the strength to once again share my adventures.  

Much Love and here's to many more years of blogging to come!
xxx

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sophie! Five years of blogging is a huge milestone - it has been such a privilege to be along for your journey the past three of those, I so enjoy stopping by to lost myself in your recent posts every few days :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!ive been blogging for just over a year,and its been such a great journey...better then i expected! ive only recently found ur blog, but just wanted u to know i love it!

    mezz (mezz makes stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog birthday! congartulations, this blog is an inspiration source for me and I wish to read it long years:)thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday! I love reading your Blog and perusing your beautiful photographs. Here's to many more years of sharing your colourful life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations of 5 years. You have such a lovely blog here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Birthday, Your blog is both beautiful and inspirational and I feel very privileged to feel a part of your adventures and look forward to many more x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is such a lovely place Sophie - congrats on the 5 years and long may it continue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary I dont comment very often but I must say you are one of my favourite blogs to read. Here's to another five years XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. without your beautiful little blog, we would never have met. i am so grateful for your friendship and admire your strength, creativity and love for the secondhand more than you'll ever know. you are amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not often comment, but read regularly. I am so glad that you have been able to continue--not just to blog, but to find and see the simple beauty in this world. Sometimes I think that truly is the key to a life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 5th birthday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five years is a lifetime in blog land. I always look forward to your posts. Very happy you decided to continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your blog! 5 years is a long time in blogland!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Sophie, and best wishes for another wonderful five years of inspiration, beauty and charm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your blog is incredible! happy 5th birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sophie I just wanted to say I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy blogging birthday Sophie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Five Blog Years! Thankyou for letting us into your life........here's to another five adventurous years. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blog Birthday to you and your creation!

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel very blessed to have discovered your blog, your natural ability to write and connect with your readers. How could we not shower you with love and empathy as you share your journey. I look forward to more posts, birthdays and celebrations. Congratulation's Sophie its a beautiful journey your on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! What an accomplishment.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy (belated) blogiversary! 5 years is absolutely amazing, I can't believe I only discovered your blog recently. Here's to the next 5 years xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sophie, congratulations! I love your blog ad the creativity I find especially behind your most recent posts! kisses from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated blogiversary Sophie! :) I remember back when I was pregnant with Felix & I started reading your lovely blog when you first started it. I was pregnant with Felix. It's crazy to think 5years have passed! Felix is in school next year, & you're expecting a bub!

    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x