Monday, 4 March 2013

Everyday Beauty..

It was another rainy weekend in this part of the world, the third in a row, which after living for five years without two days of rain straight, has been a bit of a shock to my sunshine loving soul (even though I grew up in Cairns and endured many a wet season). Now I must say, rainy weekends are great for many things, including baking, room rearranging, grocery shopping, movie watching and magazine reading.  Although, not so good for dog walking, gardening, adventuring and photo taking.   So when I woke up to blue sky this morning, I did a little happy dance, made the most of the delightful sunshine and captured some every day beauty from my world. 

Just adoring the new Peppermint magazine.. The perfect afternoon reading. 

The weekend proved to be great for baking.. Although I didn't get a chance to try the bagel recipe, I did make a banana cake for our Sunday family morning tea.

Today's sunshine was perfect timing for an outing to James Street for some supplies for tomorrow's Wilde Asher homewares photo shoot and a stop off at Tangled Yarns for some Autumn crochet inspiration.  I'm just adoring this blanket pattern. 

Some fabulous maracons for tomorrow's photo shoot. 

And a lovely little reminder in the Kikki K shop window.. 

Wishing you a beautiful start to the new week! Here's to days of sunshine and especially enjoying the little things.

Much Love
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of peppermint magazine, going to check it out now. Love hearing about different magazines! Thank you :)

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make a master post about all the magazines you love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Tangled Yarns! It's a good thing I don't live in Brisbane or I'd be there every week...(every day)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is gorgeous! I'm getting creative with some new stitches lately too but my problem is that the pretty ones always take so much longer to work up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend! I LOVE that blanket pattern as well, so pretty! Have fun at the photo shoot tomorrow!

    xo Felicia
    A Flower Of The Sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like the perfect weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Brisbane rain is getting a little tedious... but I think a crotched rug would help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photos so much! xx

    http://ideabysofia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x