Friday, 22 February 2013

Fridays Were Made For..

As I sat at my desk this morning, planning and working on a few upcoming projects, I felt my mind wandering, dancing through a sea of ideas and afternoon possibilities.  So being Friday after all, I decided to give my myself the afternoon off.. and immerse myself in a little Friday fun.. 

On my desk.. Notebooks filled in scribbles and a few of my favourite inspiring reads.

On the clothes line.. A little bit of vintage tablecloth love from the gorgeous Laura.

On the table - Lady Grey tea and a copy of the delightful March issue of Inside Out (matching of course).

In the oven - A lovely little vanilla cake.. an afternoon treat for long distance birthday celebrations (my little sister turns eleven today)

 In my hands - Working on a baby blanket for my sister in law and getting very excited (and needing to pick up the pace) as she is due any day.

While crocheting I also caught up on a few episodes of The Carries Diaries (it's so cute, I'm loving the characters and the soundtrack) and also really enjoyed Scott Schuman's interview with Steve McCurry.

I hope you're Friday has been a lovely one too and have a gorgeous weekend! Have you got anything special planned? I'm hoping the stays shining tomorrow so we can take a little adventure into the mountains.

Much Love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely Friday things! Hope all goes well and your little niece or nephew comes into the world safely. The vanilla cake looks scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello beautiful sophie. your day sounds delightful, your cake looks delicious and your crochet is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks yum! And good on you with the crochet.

    x Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Friday! We're actually in the middle of moving and finally get the keys to our new place today...can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous Friday! :) Beautiful images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so lovely! I can imagine how relaxing a day like this could be! And congrats on being a soon to be aunt!
    best,
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Friday, that cake looks amazing as does the soft white crochet! I am hoping for a relaxing Sunday in Seoul 2morro;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby blanket looks lovely, I've had a relaxing day today after 6 weeks of constant essay deadlines! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friday's should always be filled with daydreaming and building castle in the sky.
    Happy weekend Sophie.
    We are on the move to our new home, yay.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your Friday panned out! Mine was very different (I was on Year 7 camp) - but still lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just makes me want to curl up in a blanket on a cold day. Luckily I have a snow day tomorrow, so I just might!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x