Monday, 11 February 2013

February Seven Vignettes..

I just love when Jen's 7 Vignettes challenge rolls around each month.  I enjoyed creating January's vignettes so much, I couldn't wait to see what February had in store.  Jen's selected some challenging themes this month and I must say I was scavenging high and low for interesting bits and pieces to style with.   I do love being pushed out of my comfort zone and revelled in dreaming up my week's vignettes...

Day One - Books. Inspired by Catherine Campbell's beautiful artwork and roses from the market. 

 
Day Two - Texture. Inspired by nature's beauty.

Day Three - Love. Inspired by travels with my love.

Day Four - Shiny. Inspired by family heirlooms with a modern twist.  (The cake stand belonged to my great great grandparents and was given to them on their diamond wedding anniversary in 1948.)

Day Five - Cushions. Inspired by travels, daydreams and tales of love. 

Day Six - Old. Inspired by fortuitous finds and memories of old. 

Day Seven - Pattern. Inspired by my love of retro patterns and bright colours. 

My favourite day.. I loved creating both Texture and Pattern.. Mixing elements is one of my favourite ways to style.  Most challenging day.. Was most definitely Shiny. I don't really decorate with anything shiny, so I really had to think outside the box with that one.  I'm already dreaming up ideas for March, I think I'm becoming a little vignette obsessed.  Check out The Interiors Addict for all the 7 Vignettes details and join in the fun in March too. 

Hope you're having a most lovely Monday!
Much Love
xxx

PS. Pop over here to see my January Vignettes

10 comments:

  1. Lovely eye candy! My favourite is your first one...the print, roses and books...can't go wrong really :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are lovely! What a nice idea, I might try this myself one day :)
    I cannot really pick a favourite one, they all have something special, don't they?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love a good vingnette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Sophie. Texture and pattern would have to be my favourite too. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all your vignettes, so inspiring!! Had to ask, where did you find the print the fox? or is it a cat? I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The Fox print is by Donna Wilson http://www.donnawilson.com/ and was from last year's Frankie calendar. It always makes me smile :)

      Delete
  6. All of your vignettes are divine but my heart skipped a beat at number 2 and number 3. Just beautiful! Hope your week is gorgeous.
    Steph x
    P.S. We are going lovely lady!! Weeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet lovely lady! And HOORAY, we are going! I'm so excited, I did a little happy dance around the kitchen this morning!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Love all you vignettes! My favourites are Texture and Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved each and every one of your vignettes, Sophie! It was such fun to join in for Feb - can't wait to see what's in store for March. I'm secretly hoping a lot of the themes revolve around ideas to do with moving, packing, unpacking, etc - what do you think my chances are? Slim to nil, I'm thinking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x