Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Woodford Adventures..

It's been fourteen long years since my last adventure to the Woodford Folk Festival and I was so delighted that Ben and I had the opportunity to go together this year.  We joined Ben's brother and his wife for an amazing day and evening of music, food, art and fabulous entertainment.  Here are a few of my favourite iPhone snaps from our adventures..

We started the day wandering around Woodfordia, checking out the amazing market stalls and street performers.   

 
By the afternoon things got a little wet, so it was time for our trusty ponchos as we headed to the Grande to see The Saints

The evening was filled with the most amazing carnival atmosphere, with sideshow fun, circus acts and an amazing performance by Dallas Frasca.  

The whole day was such an amazing inspiration and riot of glorious colours, sounds and people.  Other highlights included George Kamikawa and Noriko Tadano, the gorgeous Mama Kin, Sideshow Wonderland and The Gremlins.  I can't wait for next year and would love to take our Wilde Asher mobile shop along for the ride! If you are around Queensland during the festive season, be sure to check out the Woodford, it's a festival unlike any other!

Have you ever been to Woodford? I'd love to hear about your adventures too!
Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I went to Woodford a few years back and it is easily my favourite festival ever - such an amazing atmosphere, full of beautiful music and people and art... I've dreamed of having a little Red Parka shop there one day - your mobile shop would be great I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I don't think we have anything like it here. Unfortunately;)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit jealy! I think we shall cart our little family up next year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful adventure! I love that they continued with the acrobatics despite the rain. It had to have been breathtaking. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you might go to Woodford. It is wonderful isn't it - so hot this year! I was wishing it would rain on the day we went. Apart from John Butler Trio, my fav act was the Perch Creek Family Jug Band - they were amazing and my fav food was the Brazillian tent this year - yummo. The other thing that always amazes me about Woodford is the amazing and different stuff they build like that little hut thing built from palm frond ends at the opening of the pineapple bar -in the shape of a pineapple - I want one!!!! Anyone thinking about it next year - definitely go as you will not be disappointed. It's a bit cheaper to book online a few days beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with circus-y things so this was amazing to see! I love your photos and I now I really want to go there some day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x