Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Thirty Fabulous Fun Goals for 2013..


Wow, it's 2013! There is something wonderful in the air today and I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing year indeed! This morning a rush of emotions flowed through me as I began to contemplate about the year ahead.  I was filled with love, excitement, bliss and joy as Ben and I made exciting plans, and positive changes in the way we live our lives.  Together we decided that 2013 is going to be our yearLast year I began a little tradition, of making thirty fabulous fun goals to achieve during that year and looking back yesterday I was truly surprised and delighted by how many I had accomplished.  Reading that list again reinvigorated my love for fun challenges so I've decided to write a new list for 2013.  So here they are (in no particular order)..

1. Learn to play the ukulele
2. Complete a full notebook each month
3. Start a vegetable garden
4. Try ten new recipes
5. Take the plunge and learn to fire twirl
 6. Make and post a video blog
7. Learn some more hooping tricks
8. Write monthly letters to my dear friends
9. Crochet a blanket
10. Read six classic novels
11. Hold a pop up shop
12. Buy fresh flowers from the local markets 
13. Drink more water
14. Create an inspiration board for each season
15. Meditate every morning
16. Donate time to a local charity
17. Take Asher on many wonderful adventures
18. Get a new piece of ink
19. Purchase a pair of vintage cowboy boots
20. Spend Sundays with family and friends
21. Take long walks and photograph the details
22. Buy local, organic and home grown produce
23. Bake my own bread
24. Connect with the moon cycles
25. Experiment more with my Polaroid cameras
26. Fire up my sewing machine
27. Live creatively 
28. Practise Tarot Readings
29. Live each day with love, peace, compassion and joy
30. Purchase only vintage, second hand, eco-friendly and handmade clothing 

Over the next few days I'll be expanding on a few of these goals as they mean a great deal to me for the coming year. I've also added a couple from last year that I'd still really love to complete. I'd love to hear about your dreams and goals for 2013 too.  This year I'm focusing on documenting all my completed goals here and on Instagram.  I can't wait to get started!

Wishing you a beautiful start to 2013!
Much Love
xxx

21 comments:

  1. Similar goals on my list too.
    As for the bread making you should try the no-knead recipe from Down to Earth. I've been attempting bread making of late and this is the first one to work first every time. http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/five-minute-bread.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful set of goals :) Good luck with achieving them, 30 sounds like a lot in one year, but as I consider my goals too, maybe it's a good number to aim for... better to aim too high than too low, right?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect!!!!
    Happy happy new year, may it be filled with much love, happiness and special moments.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire twirling and hula hoops! Go Girl! How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love no. 30 - it's a goal I've been trying for a while but never quite succeed!

    This looks a great list - good luck, and enjoy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drink more water, thats a good idea for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what lovely goals! Hope you complete them all! Happy new year! :)

    Tagg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live creatively! Something I must do too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A great list! A few of them feature on mine as well . . . . . .! Good luck, have a great year and be healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ukulele is a great one! I got a ukulele last year and started playing it. I'm not very good- I need a LOT more practice- but I can at least play a couple of slow songs.

    It's a great instrument!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful goals! Wish you the best for this 2013

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love these and think they are all wonderful!,

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful list of goals! I'm working on my own goals for this year today - thanks for the lovely inspiration! All the best for a beautiful + creative 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous list of things to focus on this year. Totally with you on #10, 13, 14, 18, 27 & 28... or rather: classics, visuals, water, ink, create, tarot. Perhaps I will do a list too. Yes, why not!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happiest times making that list a reality, Sophie. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely goals Sophie! The texan in me especially loves number 19 ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Sophie - I have the same feeling that 2013 is going to be a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely list... so many fabulous things to do and a list written to remind yourself.
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me again Sophie...
    I just wanted to let you know I made a list of my own 30 things over on my blog. I linked back to this post and used your title (I hope that was okay bloggy etiquette-wise. If not just let me know.)
    Thanks for the inspiration, I really enjoyed making my list and am so excited to get going. Here's the link http://thestripeddeckchair.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/thirty-fabulous-fun-goals-for-2013.html
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x