Sunday, 13 January 2013

Sunday in the Garden..

As part of our 2013 goals and intentions Ben and I taken some exciting little steps to live life more sustainably, ethically and most of all happily.  And one of our first goals was to create our own vegetable and herb gardens.  Even though we don't have a great deal of space at the moment for our ideal veggie garden, we have leapt in to the creative challenge of finding ways to make it work and today we began the process of propagating our first batch of seeds.  

And because patience is not a virtue of mine and I love to see yummy delights straight away, I also did a little crafting of a few terracotta pots and added some of my favourites to enjoy right away. 

Now after a lovely productive day in the garden, I'm looking forward to curling up tonight with a couple of yesterday's finds, and pouring over the pages of Granny Chic created by the always delightful Dottie Angel and Ted & Agnes and enjoying a cup of camomile tea in one of my sweet (new to me) Crown mugs.

What have you been up to this weekend? I hope it's been a lovely one!
Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I'd like to have a herb garden, but my plants always die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my herb and vegie garden since I moved into an apartment! I still have one lonely herb pot on my window sill though and like growing sprouts every now and again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this idea! Unfortunately, I live in a very small apartment so having a veggie or herb garden isn't very practical. My boyfriend keeps bugging me about trying one out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My garden last year did not turn out well because we had such a dry, hot summer in the Upper Midwest of the U.S. I am hoping that later on this winter/early spring I can begin cultivating seeds to plant outdoors. I love gardening; I discovered that I am inspired by the plants that grow from tiny seeds and it is cathartic in a way, as well. I can't wait to see how your garden turns out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun! I've always wanted to venture off into garden, but haven't the time.
    xx
    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been terribly patient when it comes to gardening either! My parents however, are quite the garden inspiration and have an amazing vegetable garden, which I get to benefit from. ;)

    You mugs are cute! I had a couple of little finds at my local markets on the weekend including some lovely old books and an old 70s Women's Weekly cookbook which I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a look at our great garden experiment posts on my blog they might help. I live in a two story unit with only a small front yard of earth but I make it work. It's a bit of a juggling act. I applaud you growing your own. Good luck and happy gardening.
    Www.PoppyFoxathome.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. One book I found helpful was The little veggie patch co by Fabian Capomolla & Mat Pember, it's full of great tips for small spaces and beginners like myself.
    Goodluck with the veggie/herb garden
    x kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I want the Granny Chic book! Is it good? X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x