Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Secondhand Style - Sunshine & Daisies


Cardigan: Dotti (2011) Skirt: Thrifted 
Top & Belt: Kmart (2012) Shoes: Rivers 

Well it's certainly been a little while between style posts and I honestly wondered for quite a few months if I wanted to continue sharing my outfits as a regular feature.  As a kid I adored playing dress ups and have always delighted my patterns, colour and the inspiring nature of street style.  My love for the world of fashion  grew as I explored fashion theory at University and for me documenting my style over the past few years has meant more than I ever realised it would,  especially being able to have so many lovely reminders of our precious time with our angel, Cohen. 

 In many ways I was super nervous about stepping back in front of the camera after being away for a little while and until I remembered the confidence I'd gained from allowing myself out of my comfort zone and how much I'd leant about myself and my personal style through this process. So I have decided to take a leap of faith and begin my style adventures again.    

As part of my 2013 goals, I've made the intention to only purchase second hand, vintage, eco-friendly and handmade clothing. It's a decision I've been contemplating for a little while and I felt that the start of a new year was perfect to begin my challenge.  Even in these early days it hasn't been as easy as I had envisaged, however I'm already seeing a positive change in the way I'm viewing my wardrobe and the whole notion of the fashion industry.  I'm so excited to be rethinking the way I shop, searching for handmade clothing designers and looking at the ways I can upcycle and transform pieces that I already own.  

I'm really looking forward to sharing my second hand style adventures with you throughout the year.  Let me know if you're sharing your personal style in 2013, I'd love to pop by and see what you've been wearing lately.   

Much Love
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your posts on this! I, too, have decided to only shop thrift/vintage shops first for the bulk of my wardrobe for 2013. I'm on a new budget for the year, and this "saving money" thing will fit right in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Soph, lovely to see you and your clogs again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this look Sophie! Can't wait to see what you thrift this year! I'm going to continue as much as possible as I save up for grad school! :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you took the leap of faith to do it, it will be carthartic all over again I'm sure. I can tell you I felt many of those same feelings after I lost my twin angel girls Elle and Meg. Although I wasn't blogging when I lost the girls I started blogging not long after, and I can say now that blogging and therapy have been key factors in helping restore my confidence and faith.

    I wish you all the love and light in your adventures. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit!
    Sandra xx
    larasvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those shoes, but in red! I loved them, but they broke, just last week. Super-stylin' outfit!
    Esther.
    http://ecstacyofcontrast.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Sophie! Love the sunny colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want your clogs, your hair, AND your confidence. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Sophie, you look so very beautiful and it is so nice to see you!!!! Small steps lead to wonderful leaps that are filled with joy.
    Much love V

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty :) Good luck with the secondhand clothing goal, I keep thinking I might try that, but it's so daunting! I'm sure you'll be able to though, I do recall my years as a student when I didn't buy any clothes at all, so it's definitely do-able.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely Sophie! That's my goal for 2013 too, only to buy 2nd hand and vintage clothes, but first I've got 2 high street vouchers, Christmas presents, that need to be spent, then I'll start! I couldn't resist an amazing vintage red dress from Etsy the other day xx Looking forward to seeing your outfit posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look, I love the fact you have matched your skirt with your hair and nails! Like you, I have only been buying from charity shops since last year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there!! :)
    Oh I love second hand clothing!! The feeling I get when I go and and feel great and know that, everything added up, my outfit cost less than like...10 euro or something. It's so fun!!

    http://stylemingle.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful, Sophie. Hope both you and Ben are well and enjoying Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x