Monday, 28 January 2013

Rainy Days, Indoor Ways and Helping Hands..

My goodness what a wild few days it's been here in Queensland. With four days of constant rain and high winds we have been very lucky indeed that we still have power and that the house has only had some minor flooding in the garden. I'm happy to say it's only my veggie garden that has wet feet.  

With roads closed and wild winds about, it's been the kind of indoor weather that's perfect for.. 
Baking scones and drinking tea..

Games of Scrabble..

A spot of crochet..

And reading gorgeous books.. Pia's is one of my very favourites.

And while I'm so thankful that my family and I are safe and dry, my love, thoughts and prayers  go out to all those being affected by the storms and flooding that now stretches throughout Queensland and New South Wales.  With rising tides over the coming days, some areas are still very much being affected and will be for days to come.  At times like like this I just feel like I want to start wandering the streets and helping people in need.  If you would like to send your support, Red Cross has set up a Flood Appeal. Baked Relief has also been set up again and are doing an amazing job of feeding the wonderful volunteers you are providing much needed services around the region.  I'm also looking for other ways to help. If you know of any please leave a comment and let me know, so I can pop them up on the blog. 

Stay safe everyone!
Much Love
xxx 

10 comments:

  1. yes same here! so glad that you weren't harmed at all by the weather. luckily I live in North Queensland and wasn't affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and btw, those are some lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a crazy time indeed, a worry too with friends anfamily through Gladstone, Gympie, Ipswich, Brisbane, all over in fact. Thankfully on the GC although we've copped it, we've been lucky. Your rainy day crochet has me thinking that after the 2011 floods there may have been (if I remember correctly) crafts groups formed to make, knit and crochet blankets for families for winter. If I'm not remembering correctly it's a pretty sweet idea if I say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you had a perfect weekend. I happy that you are safe, my thoughts are also with those who have not been so lucky.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness you are all having a rough ride over there. Stay safe, hope these storms blow themselves out soon and don't cause any further damage.
    P.s. Hope your games of scrabble are less volatile than mine and my hubs... things get very serious indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling you! We are safe but a little cut off here in Ipswich, and we spent today playing boardgames (and hide and seek) too. The worms in the tower in my vegie garden are all floating on the top...*quite* wet out there.

    http://myvintagepie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been following the weather reports here in the UK, and am glad to hear you and yours and safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're not flooded. What's with crazy aussie weather at the moment - you guys up in QLD are getting too much water, down here in Vic we're not getting any (today is day 45 since it last rained and I'm slowly going mad...).
    Lovely inspiring images!
    Jacqui
    www.dustycountryroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been watching your weather from the States and empathizing! You're right though -- it sure is cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x