Friday, 11 January 2013

Floral, Fabulous Fruit and Friendships..

Do you know what I really love about the fabulous world of blogging.. It allows you to find and connect with amazing people, people you most likely, would never have known otherwise.  Not only do you get a sneak peek into their gorgeous worlds but sometimes you get to meet them in person and that's when the fun really begins.


What I really loved about spending last Saturday with gorgeous and very inspiring Laura is that there were so many things we didn't have to explain.  We just understood each other.  From our favourite Instagram filters, florals and vintage crockery, to calling our favourite bloggers by their blog names.  We didn't have to be embarrassed and apologise for taking photos of random objects or standing in middle of the road to get that perfect shot. And we both thought these baby pineapples were the cutest thing ever. It's part of being a blogger and it's so very nice when someone totally understands.  


I'm normally very shy at public events like Finders Keepers and get totally nervous about introducing myself to all the inspiring people I'd love to meet.  But after having so much fun with Laura on Saturday and now living somewhere with so many bloggers close by, I've decided this year that all needs to change.  I'd love to bring the amazing creative conversations, ideas and community of the blogging world out of the computer and into the real world.  I'd love to collaborate more and most importantly I'm going to make more time to stop by and comment on everyone's gorgeous and inspiring posts.  

So if you're a local Brisbane blogger, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Perhaps we could organise little group outing, with some coffee, craft and thrifting fun. And if you're further afield, I'd love to hear what's happening in your local area too.  It's so nice to see wonderful things happening through blogging. 

Happy Friday!
Much Love
xxx

PS. My love, prayers and thoughts are with all those who have been affected by the Tasmanian bush fires this week.  If you would like to, here are a couple of ways you can assist those in need.  To donate to the Red Cross appeal pop over here or you can knit or crochet a granny square over here. Keep an eye out on Pip's Facebook page too for more ways to help.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, I am the crazy lady who stopped you at the shopping centre the other day! Meeting bloggers in real life is awesome- the instant shorthand and shared understanding. Love it. And blogging meet ups are heaps fun! I would definitely be interested.

    Love those little pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to live in brisbane but alas I'm in Melbourne. Great photos and well I can understand how cool meeting Laura would be. It was through her blog I found you so it's great to fing you and your blog and I look forward to following your journey.
    Www.PoppyFoxathome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Melbourne, perhaps we can organise a catch up down that way too! xx

      Delete
  3. You two are THE cutest! I share your shyness when it comes to meeting people in real life. I think I'm secretly very worried that people will be disappointed or find me different to how they imagined from my blog! But I know that's silly. I must make an affort to meet up with more bloggy peeps... Wish I was a bit closer to Brissie so I could hang out with you guys!

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is wonderful and I love living in Queensland and being close enough to my favourite bloggers to be able to catch up with some of them. You're right it's so nice to hang with people that get it. I'm on the Gold Coast and travel frequently through the year to Brisbane to see my blogging buddies. We're a pretty cool bunch us Queenslanders. I've had the pleasure of meeting Laura when she bought goodies off me at a Suitcase Rummage on the GC last year. She is such a sweet soul. Oh and that lovely up there who commented Gillian, she rocks my socks and we've had the pleasure of several blogging meet ups too.

    Sophie if you're interested the Queensland Bloggers do have a FB group, and we do try and arrange meet ups throughout the year too. I certainly hope that with you being in Queensland now that our paths will cross and I'll get to say hi in person to you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Trude! Hee hee, Sophie I was gonna recommend Trudies blog, as you tow are seemingly kindred spirits! And yes, we Queenslanders are super rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh swoon, awww, blush thanks my love. X

      Delete
    2. Oh you girls are just too gorgeous! Thanks so much Gillian and Trudie. It was so lovely to meet you the other day Gillian, I think we should organise a little meet up very soon as I would just love to meet Trudie too. Will be in touch soon x

      Delete
  6. It is so tricky when you're shy, I'm so inspired that you are moving out of your comfort zone.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sophie,
    I think your blog is the first blog I have commented on in a long time. My blog went haywire last year and I'm working on fixing it all up with a new banner etc. I wish there were more hours in the day.
    I loved hearing about your adventures with Laura. We've never met in person but I feel like I know her from reading her blog.
    Happy 2013!
    Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda! I was only thinking about your delightful blog just the other day. Are you still based in Brisbane? Would love to meet up for a coffee some time if you are. Wishing you all the very best in 2013. xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely blog post. I've recently started to start posting on my blog again, simply because it's nice to chat with other people who just get it. I've started crocheting some squares to send to Tassie, it was thanks to the blogosphere that I found out about this awesome project. Casey :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, wish I was in Brissie... Lone Sydney blogger here! It's nice to 'meet' so many great people through blogging though, it's definitely one of the 'perks'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am, alas, in America...but I love following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore these photos, Sophie - it's so cool to see two of my favourite bloggers having such fun in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am quite shy in person and am probably a bit of a dag as well! Will be brave and say that I Love the idea of a catch up over some crochet or craft perhaps ( even though I am breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about it). Btw that lovely dress you thrifted in west end recently- I held that in my mitts a few weeks ago and and it took immense self control to leave it there on the rack- you have superb taste! mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet Mel. Don't worry I felt just like that even writing the post. Let's catch up soon! Will be in touch x

      Delete
  13. ps i have met Laura at Rummage and she is just tops btw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting bloggers together in the real world sounds like a great idea! It would be a lovely way to meet the people behind the blogs we love to read. We live in Brisbane too and would love to catch up sometime!
    xoxo Lauren and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks girls! So lovely to hear from you! Hooray, I would love to catch up! Just popping over to check out your gorgeous blog and shop now. xx

      Delete
    2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to leave a comment without hitting "reply". But anyways, I've been reading your blog for a while now and I just love it! I wish you didn't live so far from America :(
      What is the best way to make blogger friends? I am having a very hard time finding subscribers/friends! What should I do?

      Delete
  15. Hi Sophie,
    Welcome to Bris-vegas!
    I was delighted to see you have moved here & also that we have peeps in common - Shell & Annie from Fine & Sunny. I grew up across the road from them & am still really good friends with their sister Caz. I lived in Mildura once upon a time too but there weren't many cool places to hang out there then.
    Anyway, welcome. I love your blog & read it when I can (I have a very energetic 16 month old boy & I work part-time)! I'm getting serious about blogging, crafting & selling my stuff online this year. I'd love to meet up with you & others to share the bloggers journey & swap ideas.
    Dani x
    waitingforbanjo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sophie I'd been meaning to say Welcome to Brisbane & it's delightful to have you here! What a lovely idea! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x