Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Crafty Project - Stitchy Leaf Garland


I just love garlands and whole heartedly feel they should not just be left for special occasions, so I've decided this year to add a garland or several about the place, just to add a little something extra to my favourite walls. I also often find myself wanting to make craft projects from bits and pieces I don't have in my stash, which I have come to realise just means adding more things to my crafty suitcase, instead of making do.  So this year, I'm really focusing on making use of what's in my stash to craft some fun and easy projects.  Here's all you need to make a stitchy leaf garland. 

You'll Need: Some felt (in the colour of your choice, cut into about twenty leaf shapes), four different coloured threads, a long piece of ric rac and a needle and scissors. 

To Make It: This is one of those lovely projects which is perfect for an evening watching one of your favourite films.  Simply work your way down each leaf in a cross stitch patten in your  various chosen colours.  Once complete, arrange as you like onto your of ric-rac and stitch on the top of each leaf. Then all you have to do is find somewhere sweet to hang your garland (washi tape works a treat for this) and you're done.

 The beauty of garlands is they can be hung just about anywhere, I love them around frames, above the bed or to add a little something special to a bookshelf.  

I'd love to know what crafty messes you've been making lately too!
Much Love
xxx

PS. My lovely artworks are by Truth.Be.Told (print) and Love Mae (Wall Decal)

13 comments:

  1. so cute, i think i'll make one for autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful idea for using up your stash! And those pictures your beautiful garland is surrounding are stunning! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making garlands is so much fun! I made one too you can see it here :) http://sweet-marylou.blogspot.be/2012/11/inspiratie-decoratie.html
    I like the lovely combination of your garland and pretty artwork!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely:) I might have to make some garlands for my new place as well! Or I might hang some Christmas lights, we'll see...

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great diy, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and a change from bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I've been trying to come up with projects that include ric rac and this is such a brilliant idea.

    xxx Chiaki

    http://tealacearsenicandwhiskers.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very sweet. I love little garlands too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I made a painted leaf garland this Fall~ http://www.stars-in-jars.blogspot.kr/2012/10/3-little-things_22.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x