Thursday, 1 November 2012

My Vintage Dream Comes True..


I've been a vintage lover since my days thrifting with my best friend in high school, finding crazy costumes for photoshoots and festivals.  At University, while studying fashion I began to dream of owning my very own vintage boutique, filled with pretty dresses, hats and handbags. My plan then was I would live upstairs from my imaginary little shop, so I could redecorate at midnight.  Fast forward eight years, a wedding, an interstate move and with a growing love for all things vintage, I began to spend my weekends searching for vintage fashion and homewares, slowing building my collection and filling my little cottage to the brim with delightful retro colours and patterns. In 2011, I took a leap of faith, finished up creating handmade accessories and decided to begin a new adventure to create an online vintage shop.  What was originally to be a little Etsy store, soon took on a life of its own and soon I had an amazing business partner, my mum Annie and fabulous art director and photographer, my sister Phoebe, by my side.  It was a beautiful moment to realise we could bring all our dreams and ideas together and for the last 18 months, we have been creating Wilde Asher.

Today, my vintage dream has come true.. Wilde Asher is officially open for business. It has been a long road, with many twists and turns along the way, but I'm so happy to finally have a little shop to call our own. I hope you love Wilde Asher as much as we do! We will be adding new vintage pieces each day and our gorgeous homewares collection will be available for purchase next week.    

Thank you so much for all your support and lovely comments over the past week.  Coming back to this online community has been such a wonderful experience because you. You are such beautiful souls and I feel so blessed to be able to share my journey with you.  It truly does mean so much to me

So please do pop by and have a stroll around Wilde Asher, we'll have a virtual champagne waiting for you! Oh and be sure to pop over to our Wilde Asher blog too, I'm over there each day sharing inspiration and sneak peeks and I can't wait to start our summer DIY and fashion series in the next few weeks. 

Much Love 
Sophie 
xxx

12 comments:

  1. I love everything, especially the chunky necklaces and gorgeous dresses! Can't wait for the house ware section because I know I'll be all over that as well! Owning a store is a dream of mine as well being a fashion mercy student, and this story is so inspirational to me!

    Best of luck with this sweet store of yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is truly inspiring. The look of your online shop is very nice, you did a great job. It's also my dream to own a cute little shop, right now I' am having a little facebookshop MaryLou (www.facebook.com/MaryLou.juwelen). Good luck with Wilde Asher! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you with your new venture! It is one very good looking site, with some gorgeous things to buy, and great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! I am waiting with baited breath for the vintage homewares section to go live I can tell you!! Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm headed over to take a look right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh how exciting! I will be over there right now :)
    Congratulations
    Miranda <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm going to head over now to check it out!


    http://owleyevintage.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OwlEyeVintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sophie, you truly are amazing and inspiring!!Congratulations on living your dream and letting us join in on your fabulous adventure, i'm very excited for you.. and for us!! I wish you, Annie & Phoebe every happiness & success!! I'm loving Wilde Asher, it's FABULOUS!!
    cheers...Marian xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, it's so nice to have you back again. You have been greatly missed. I shall pop over to your shop at once.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, congratulations! It just goes to show that sometimes dreams may take a while to fulfill, but when they do, it is so worth it :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles!
    I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here

    Multimedia Presentation
    epoxy coatings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for finding your voice. Your blog is a comfort to me like a nice cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x