Over the past few months, many lovely people have told me to be kind to myself.. and to be honest at first I wasn't really sure what it meant. What is it that I was meant to be doing? Through my healing process I've really begun to understand the the vast emotions that one can go through in a day. It is perhaps with this insight that I feel this simple phrase now takes on a whole new meaning.
I've begun to realise that maybe we all need to be a little kinder to ourselves, each and every day. Not just the days that are particularly low, but all the ones that are in between the wonderful and not so wonderful. Maybe each day we all need that kind soul to tap us on the shoulder, give us a hug and a sweet reminder that it will all be ok.
So here is a virtual hug, a tap on the shoulder and a little list.. of a few ways that you can be kind to yourself. Take half an hour, or even five minutes and remind yourself of how precious you are.
Way to be kind to yourself..
-Learn something new.. in my darkest moment, I decided to teach myself to hula hoop and you know what.. it really helped.
- Take a bath.. add bubbles, rose petals, candles, music.. anything to make it feel really special.
- Walk.. Just go. No directions, no destination. Just enjoy the sunshine.. or even the rain.
- A book, a big old chair and a cup of tea..enough said.
- Sit under a tree (if possible in your backyard).. Feel the earth and watch the magic that happens everyday around your home when you're not looking.
- Take a pen and a piece of paper.. Write down whatever it is you really want to say.
- Stop whatever it is you are doing.. Put on your favourite song and dance! Grab a family member or furry friend for extra fun.
- Do whatever it is that brings you joy!